Honestly, who cares about game preservation?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Oh look another Halo thread from a guy who never played Halo. This shyt getting played and to the point where you spamming the forum with your fanboy shyt. Put this shyt in the game thread weirdo.

Everything is digital now nobody gives a fukk about physical. I play on PC that entire library is digital. Get with the times.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You legit can't do that with ton's of games.

I just ran into with nintendo of all systems. Popped in a game and couldn't play it until I updated the game.

It's killing gizmo that microsoft is not only making good games but doing things right by fans, so grasping at straws.

This isn't true. They're trying to make physical obsolete by forcing you to be connected to access what should be on the disc.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
:dead: at this even being a thing.

Could have pressed some of the installer content to the disc to make it easier, just to have something, but nope.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You legit can't do that with ton's of games.

I just ran into with nintendo of all systems. Popped in a game and couldn't play it until I updated the game.

It's killing gizmo that microsoft is not only making good games but doing things right by fans, so grasping at straws.
Cap :russ:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It be the I want to play PS1 games nikkas for me

eo0qyoqxuayiz0n-1607626390.jpeg

Like if a remaster is announced, fine
but you want to play the actual game from 1996 nikka :gucci:
All this hoopla at the start of this generation from you know who :hubie:

Yes we wanna play games from 1996 you stupid ass nikka.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Game had a worldwide release so everyone was able to play simultaneously:yeshrug:

now that it’s out…what’s the point of this thread?
The point is even if you buy the disc you can't play the game straight off it. It requires a download to use it.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Does fortnite have a single player campaign that is sold in stores separate from the multiplayer? Can that campaign only be played if the multiplayer is installed?
:dahell: Fortnite was originally a single/multi player campaign game sold in stores, the free battle royal was added later :dahell: fukking idiot

what a horrible fukking example, you really are a dog shyt poster

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
While I do think the practice of not putting the game on the disk is kinda shyty. (They probably should and will just get rid of discs altogether)

This isn’t really a game preservation issue. The reality is, if you are serious about preserving games, you are gonna have to “preserve” them digitally. With how much changes in games after release these days, what’s on the disc is becoming less and less representative of the games we actually play.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
While I do think the practice of not putting the game on the disk is kinda shyty. (They probably should and will just get rid of discs altogether)

This isn’t really a game preservation issue. The reality is, if you are serious about preserving games, you are gonna have to “preserve” them digitally. With how much changes in games after release these days, what’s on the disc is becoming less and less representative of the games we actually play.

Yet the vast majority of games, whether they are in their final state or not are still playable from disc at this point. We ain’t moving goalpost now.

When it comes to console gaming it 100% is as there really is no other way other than owning physical and then even having the option later of emulating with the copy you own

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yet the vast majority of games, whether they are in their final state or not are still playable from disc at this point. We ain’t moving goalpost now.
Not sure what this has to do with what I said:dahell:

I agree if a disc is to be sold it should at least have some playable form of the game on it.

When it comes to console gaming it 100% is as there really is no other way other than owning physical and then even having the option later of emulating with the copy you own
This is not true. You can and should preserve your games indefinitely on a hard drive.