Honest question: Why do black women...

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
i think ur just around black women more then others because all women do this shyt breh

All the Rules: Time-tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider
Mars and Venus on a Date: A Guide for Navigating the 5 Stages of Dating to Create a Loving and Lasting Relationship by John Gray
Why Men Love bytches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship by Sherry Argov
Find a Husband After 35 Using What I Learned at Harvard Business School by Rachel Greenwald...

I could go on to list more books about dating that have been written and cater to white women. My white friend has a few dating books she lives by!
Clearly your circle is very small.

This is what I was about to say. The only book I know geared toward black women is the Steve Harvey book. Before then it was He's Just Not That Into You and that was geared toward white women. Personally, I have not read Steve Harvey's book but I did see the movie (which was funny). I only read he's just not that into you and it WAS mostly common sense. However, there is nothing wrong with a figurative slap in the face to help you look at your situation logically instead of emotionally.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
it's not just black women that do this. you ever see those magazines at grocery stores like cosmopolitan? those are the same thing as those tell all secret books but condensed. it's an american trait to focus on tell all secret books and tricks that make it seem like everything's a simple fix, the packaging is different though. they package it differently for different cultures...

but, like i said, that's an american thing, the quick fix, five step process to understanding something and being successful...

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forget the books. Just pick up a cosmo or one of them girly magazines. Do you know how many relationship advice articles are in those things?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The OP is an idiot, but how you going to come in here with this cliche shyt?

he's not an idiot. the way black women sometimes put their faith in things like that would make you think they were the only ones with access to that material, even though they aren't. so i understand the question or the reason behind it and why he'd think that way...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
he's not an idiot. the way black women sometimes put their faith in things like that would make you think they were the only ones with access to that material, even though they aren't. so i understand the question or the reason behind it and why he'd think that way...

Put their faith in? Don't you think that's a bit much when you have no proof.

How do you know they don't read it for entertainment?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Put their faith in? Don't you think that's a bit much when you have no proof.

How do you know they don't read it for entertainment?

entertainment is life for people. especially people in this country. anything that tickles people's souls will get more attention and be more appreciated...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
black women are the easiest consumers, that's why :manny:

it's strange when you go to chinese wholesale sites and they have a wide range of products soley for black women.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
This is what I was about to say. The only book I know geared toward black women is the Steve Harvey book. Before then it was He's Just Not That Into You and that was geared toward white women. Personally, I have not read Steve Harvey's book but I did see the movie (which was funny). I only read he's just not that into you and it WAS mostly common sense. However, there is nothing wrong with a figurative slap in the face to help you look at your situation logically instead of emotionally.

This is all I'm asking for :manny: An honest answer.

And teh Steve Harvey book is just the one that got mainstream. There's several others by smaller authors who arent necessarily nationally known.

The OP is an idiot, but how you going to come in here with this cliche shyt?

hahaha...that's telling cming from you...but whatever....

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

And that's all I'm saying. I said nothing about any other race of women....I'm dating a black chick right now.

I could ask her, but I wanted to get a broader response.

And CrimsonTider suggesting they read it for entertainment is laughable.

Who essentially read a "self help" book of sorts for entertainment?