honest question- does xbox have any games coming out this year?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Halo had 20 million players in a couple days and is still top ten on xbox just behind Destiny 2 which has had years of updates to get where it is. Halo has been out for 3 months and is still doing very good, better than any other shooter that released at the time. With more updates the audience will grow, just like any other multiplayer game.

This narrative that Halo is bad or unpopular is just something some of you repeat, and has no basis in reality:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Halo had 20 million players in a couple days and is still top ten on xbox just behind Destiny 2 which has had years of updates to get where it is. Halo has been out for 3 months and is still doing very good, better than any other shooter that released at the time. With more updates the audience will grow, just like any other multiplayer game.

This narrative that Halo is bad or unpopular is just something some of you repeat, and has no basis in reality:manny:

It doesn’t matter that it had 20m players, its a live service game that people didn’t pay for. The success for those games are in how long people play them for. Thats why the progression was originally so slow because they didn’t have enough content to pad it out until May.

Here are some Halo Infinite facts that I find somewhat notable and worrying here just three months after launch:

• Halo Infinite is on the verge of falling out of the top 10 most-played games on Xbox, and old favorites that do have engaged, long-term playerbases like Apex, Fortnite, Warzone, GTA 5, Destiny, Roblox and Rainbow Six Siege have all passed it.
  • Halo Infinite is a poor performer on Twitch outside of major events. It routinely has sub-1,000 viewers (704 at the time I’m writing this), putting it far outside the top 100 most watched games on Twitch most of the time.
  • On Steam, Halo has dropped from a peak of 256,000 players to more recently around 13,000. Halo: The Master Chief Collection has about half as many players on PC despite being released in 2014. Again, it’s routinely outside Steam’s top 100 games while shooter competitor fixtures like CSGO, PUBG, Destiny and Apex remain near the top.
Fact is, it died in even less time then I originally said. :yeshrug:

There was a youtuber that said Halo would die in two months if they didn’t add a battle royal and they were right. :manny:

A Sony IP will be a more popular shooter on xbox than xbox’ premier shooter

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It doesn’t matter that it had 20m players, its a live service game that people didn’t pay for. The success for those games are in how long people play them for. Thats why the progression was originally so slow because they didn’t have enough content to pad it out until May.

Here are some Halo Infinite facts that I find somewhat notable and worrying here just three months after launch:

• Halo Infinite is on the verge of falling out of the top 10 most-played games on Xbox, and old favorites that do have engaged, long-term playerbases like Apex, Fortnite, Warzone, GTA 5, Destiny, Roblox and Rainbow Six Siege have all passed it.
  • Halo Infinite is a poor performer on Twitch outside of major events. It routinely has sub-1,000 viewers (704 at the time I’m writing this), putting it far outside the top 100 most watched games on Twitch most of the time.
  • On Steam, Halo has dropped from a peak of 256,000 players to more recently around 13,000. Halo: The Master Chief Collection has about half as many players on PC despite being released in 2014. Again, it’s routinely outside Steam’s top 100 games while shooter competitor fixtures like CSGO, PUBG, Destiny and Apex remain near the top.

There was a youtuber that said Halo would die in two months if they didn’t add a battle royal and they were right. :manny:

:snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Sony stans :mjlol: