Honest Conversations About “BLACK JOBS”: Are We Competing with Immigrants for Jobs in 2024?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT I AM MOST CERTAINLY TEAM DEMOCRAT/BIDEN 2024 AND TRUMP NEEDS TO LOSE THE ELECTION AND GO TO JAIL.

Now…

As much as we hated what Trump said…was he totally wrong?

Dr. Claude Anderson warned us DECADES ago that immigration was going to negatively affect Black Americans more than anyone else. We get moved further down the ladder when other racial groups arrive/increase in number. Not to mention Latinos and Asians will always stick together and put each other before us.

What percentage of us are educated/ skilled laborers? What is our average salary compared to that of other groups? What are we doing to improve those numbers?

Honestly, watch the entire stream:

First 10min:

Many of the jobs Trump was referring to are jobs that our elders/ancestors had. Then Latinos took over those jobs. Jobs that many of us currently have.

They said ~45% of us are in the service industry. THOSE ARE THE JOBS TRUMP WAS REFERRING TO.

What are we doing to increase our numbers in the fields that require more skills?

Everyone having 6 certs and making 6 figures is a running joke on The Coli, but if we’re being real, we know what majority of the community is making and the careers that majority of the community are in.

This goes beyond the presidency (AGAIN- Biden/anyone but Trump 2024):

What are we doing in our homes, in our neighborhoods, in our churches, etc to steer the community in a better direction?

I actually heard a YouTuber mention today how Black people are the only group all over social media discussing nothing but relationship issues/ 50-50. Not that other groups don’t have these convos, but that this is the MAIN thing being discussed by Black people across the diaspora on social media. He mentioned how the “balloon show” has spread across the internet, but it was another relationship show/ topic that Black folks made viral again, and how it seems like we aren’t tired of the relationship topic. 50/50, “settling”, rating each other’s looks, etc.

We are at the bottom of the economic ladder in this nation (hell, the world), but where are the serious conversations?

Even up to a year or so ago we were talking about how Black people in America (all ethnicities combined) will have collective wealth of $0 by 2050. I believe that stat improved a bit, but we’re still at the bottom.
Hispanics have passed us in homeownership.

These people are fighting to get over here and they are going to huddle up, pool their money together and do everything in their power to surpass us. And they don’t care about the history of this country and what we are owed.

We are in an economic war, but it seems like we are the only group that doesn’t realize it.

And if Trump gets in and Project 2025 really takes off?

We need to be circling the wagons NOOOOOW!

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes because immigrants won't fight for labor justice. They can pay them less and get us out of those jobs. Immigrants can send that money to family in their country.

Also I do understand the idea of Black jobs. There's certain jobs that we could get into during segregation and those that were extremely hard or impossible for us to get. We even celebrate Black folks getting certain jobs to this day because it's so rare to see a Black lawyer, doctor, engineer, CEO. Let's not kid ourselves and get emotional over him saying Black Jobs.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT I AM MOST CERTAINLY TEAM DEMOCRAT/BIDEN 2024 AND TRUMP NEEDS TO LOSE THE ELECTION AND GO TO JAIL.

Now…

As much as we hated what Trump said…was he totally wrong?

Dr. Claude Anderson warned us DECADES ago that immigration was going to negatively affect Black Americans more than anyone else. We get moved further down the ladder when other racial groups arrive/increase in number. Not to mention Latinos and Asians will always stick together and put each other before us.

What percentage of us are educated/ skilled laborers? What is our average salary compared to that of other groups? What are we doing to improve those numbers?

Honestly, watch the entire stream:

First 10min:

Many of the jobs Trump was referring to are jobs that our elders/ancestors had. Then Latinos took over those jobs. Jobs that many of us currently have.

They said ~45% of us are in the service industry. THOSE ARE THE JOBS TRUMP WAS REFERRING TO.

What are we doing to increase our numbers in the fields that require more skills?

Everyone having 6 certs and making 6 figures is a running joke on The Coli, but if we’re being real, we know what majority of the community is making and the careers that majority of the community are in.

This goes beyond the presidency (AGAIN- Biden/anyone but Trump 2024):

What are we doing in our homes, in our neighborhoods, in our churches, etc to steer the community in a better direction?

I actually heard a YouTuber mention today how Black people are the only group all over social media discussing nothing but relationship issues/ 50-50. Not that other groups don’t have these convos, but that this is the MAIN thing being discussed by Black people across the diaspora on social media. He mentioned how the “balloon show” has spread across the internet, but it was another relationship show/ topic that Black folks made viral again, and how it seems like we aren’t tired of the relationship topic. 50/50, “settling”, rating each other’s looks, etc.

We are at the bottom of the economic ladder in this nation (hell, the world), but where are the serious conversations?

Even up to a year or so ago we were talking about how Black people in America (all ethnicities combined) will have collective wealth of $0 by 2050. I believe that stat improved a bit, but we’re still at the bottom.
Hispanics have passed us in homeownership.

These people are fighting to get over here and they are going to huddle up, pool their money together and do everything in their power to surpass us. And they don’t care about the history of this country and what we are owed.

We are in an economic war, but it seems like we are the only group that doesn’t realize it.

And if Trump gets in and Project 2025 really takes off?

We need to be circling the wagons NOOOOOW!

Be part of the problem, brehettes...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
We always was now with bytch ass biden throwing the dems weight behind them they being used to phase us out!!! shyt has been evident ever since biden got in office but when you tell them that they call you trump supporter or closet maga. Ask them black residents in Chicago where they tax dollars going!!! Ask them what brandon did to their neighborhoods. Thats the dems agenda

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Folks got in their feelings about the “black jobs” messenger because he’s a degenerate but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

Way at the top of black peoples list of current shīt to focus on is illegal immigration because yes the jobs are at stake but consider where these illegals are living when they get to some of these cities. I’m sure it’s a black neighborhood or one that used to be black.

Here in NY the migrant situation is on steroids and our bozo ass mayor just let it rock but these folks have set up shop all over the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens (for sure), Yonkers and a few cities in New Jersey. They aren’t pulling up to the affluent parts and simply moving in.

and this isn’t about hating on them because they’re here now and that’s that but consider how organized they were in getting into the country and think about how organized they are since their peoples already here have put them on to how to get benefits, random jobs, schooling for the kids, apartments and then they help build up their networks within their communities.

It’s a sight to see.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
You know I rock with you OP but there's too much emphasis on jobs. We need to staking our place in the global economy.

Whoever else is thinking like OP, just understand: many of these people are coming with connections back home. You see a job, they see a ladder to job CREATION-- next thing we know, the discussion is how they won't HIRE us... but the convo started as JOBS :dahell:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
It.is what it is...yall.god king Biden told.us we need to get with the Hispanics if we wanna survive.

Dems are literally financially and economically crippling us.

Been doing it forever.
The Dixiecrats hated black folks, and the Democrats still hate black folks.

Every new group that pops up trying to "cater" to black folks should be investigated critically.
When "Black Lives Matters" came through and stole in the name of dead black folks, everybody should have realized you can't trust political groups anymore.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
I actually heard a YouTuber mention today how Black people are the only group all over social media discussing nothing but relationship issues/ 50-50. Not that other groups don’t have these convos, but that this is the MAIN thing being discussed by Black people across the diaspora on social media. He mentioned how the “balloon show” has spread across the internet, but it was another relationship show/ topic that rBlack folks made viral again, and how it seems like we aren’t tired of the relationship topic. 50/50, “settling”, rating each other’s looks, etc.

I honestly feel this comes from fear. We are collectively afraid that anti-black racism would be even more aggressive and hostile if we spoke about serious topics instead of goofy shyt. Whites would see us talking about wealth building, philosophy, history, science & health and think "oh shyt, these nikkas actually getting on code? Can't have that :beli:

We are also socialized to be hyper individualistic and care about things that aren't really important in the grand scheme of things like fashion, music, sports and entertainment. We don't really have faith in the community so we take on a "I alone am going to make it even if the community is hopeless" which just leads to c00ning and generally conniving cutthroat behavior.

Last edited:

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
They do the jobs nobody wants to do. It's easy to live off 8-12 dollars an hour when you have 8 people in the household working. And all that money stays in their community. Where I work it's all immigrants, even got of group of 8 bengalis that pile up in a minivan to come to work. Only Americans are the supervisors and truck drivers