HOME AUTOMATION

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
SO, HOW MANY OF Y'ALL INTO HOME AUTOMATION? I BEEN SLOWLY AUTOMATING AND CONVERTING INTO MORE OF A SMART HOME.

CURRENTLY I JUST HAVE MY LIGHTS AND SOME SENSORS AROUND THE HOUSE TO MONITOR HOW MY FURNACE HEATS THE HOME.

I ALSO HAVE SOME LIGHTS AND WATERING AUTOMATIONS FOR MY GARDEN.

I JUST FOUND OUT YOU CAN USE OLD CELL PHONE AS MOTION SENSORS AND CAMERAS.

NEXT WEEK I'M REFLASHING ALL MY BULBS, SMART POWER STRIPS AND MY HUB FOR BETTER SECURITY AND INTEGRATION INTO HOME ASSISTANT.

IM GOING DOWN THIS RABBIT HOLE AND HAVING A GOOD TIME.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tenor.gif

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I have 79 devices running all kinda ways. Everything through Home Assistant/Alexa and a Raspberry Pi. Motion sensors in every room to run routines based on motion. Different routines enable/disable based on temperates, humidity for the shower, etc. House can determine who is woke in the house so that volumes and light brightness levels are set. Alexa asks me yes or no questions based on what I'm doing and can respond by performing other actions (that shyt was damn near rocket science to set up). I've been having fun with it for about 5 years now.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Using old phones as home cam hardware idk why I didn’t think of that! Using baby cams currently and the shyts automatic snap to night vision and that’s such a pain. Also have to be in app to record. Sucks. Also baby girl will be here any day now so I’ll have to take one of them down for her room.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont use old phones as cams if you are going to leave them running 24-7. I did this and the battery started expanding and was a fire hazard. Phones arent built to be running the cam and plugged in constantly. If its for a short period its fine though..

Youre better off buying a cheap wyze cam v3 if you don't want to spend too much. Theyre like 25 bucks

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I got electronic keypad locks on all my doors and love them. Not needing a key to get inside is :blessed: Also nice for when I'm out of town, I can unlock them remotely so that our neighbor can come in and take care of our pets while we're away and then lock it right back up when she leaves.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I have 79 devices running all kinda ways. Everything through Home Assistant/Alexa and a Raspberry Pi. Motion sensors in every room to run routines based on motion. Different routines enable/disable based on temperates, humidity for the shower, etc. House can determine who is woke in the house so that volumes and light brightness levels are set. Alexa asks me yes or no questions based on what I'm doing and can respond by performing other actions (that shyt was damn near rocket science to set up). I've been having fun with it for about 5 years now.
thats dope but also a little disturbing. Like what if my folks had automaton in our house when I was a young horny teen waking up to j/o

• Dap
Reactions: B86

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Bump, didn't want to start a new thread. Gonna venture down this rabbit hole myself, just picked up a cheap Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet to practice on. Looking at ActionTiles, Sharptools.io, and ThingsTwin software. I have Smartthings, just have to configure my devices, Wyze cams and lights and various a/v stuff. Been looking at tablet wall mounts.

Found a link for a tutorial on making this all work:

Andrew Connell - Using a Kindle Fire as a Home Kiosk for SmartThings & Smart Home Monitor

white-etsy-thumb_74962710-a356-4169-81de-3e33f2d3f3dd_1024x1024@2x.jpg

il_1588xN.1911855954_q14b.jpg