Holy shyt drill rap has spread to FRANCE(France goons bitin lil reese flow, toatin AR 15s! )

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
guess its a regional thing.

Cause in NYC, if you live outside the city you cant claim the city/borough. Its an unwritten rule. So as far as NY yea, a NYer would press you trying to identify where.

But anyway im asking to see if you know where the black population stay at. Cause there are 2+million blacks in NYC, but NYC is segregated and you wouldnt really understand that unless you were in the outer boroughs/closer to Long Island. Wondering if it was the same thing in Paris
Funny you should say that. I feel the same way too about NY but Some people from NY would have you believe that it's only the southern regions of the United States that's segregated.

From what I see with my own eyes the entire United States is segregated. Think i argued that with @TheLesserEvil once in the "Florida sucks" thread. But from what i saw with my own eyes while in NY it IS as segregated as most other parts of the country, period.

As for people in NY they are too cliquish and territorial when it comes to what part of NY they are from, IMO. Guess thats the culture there.
So much competition amongst them. Never made sense to me but oh well. :manny:

I'd like to think there are far more than 2M black in NY, BTW.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every time i see this thread upped i laughed at the posters who were surprised that there were a lot of black people in France. :mjlol:
I went to Paris in 2012 and i swore i saw almost more black people than i do in Atlanta on a daily basis. And from what i recall it's always been like that
depends on where you go in paris. leaving gare du nord has euro-cacs scared to death :lolbron:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
depends on where you go in paris. leaving gare du nord has euro-cacs scared to death :lolbron:
Breh I took the train from London to Paris and arrived at Garre Du Nord. I walked outside and thought i was in a well developped African country. :laff: Nothing but black people :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
#TEAMSTRICKLAND
Breh I took the train from London to Paris and arrived at Garre Du Nord. I walked outside and thought i was in a well developped African country. :laff: Nothing but black people :blessed:

@karim
@Todd McPiff
@Turbulent
@I.AM.PIFF
@Intruder v3.0
@AAKing23
@Wild self
@malcolmxxx_45
@*L*E*G*A*C*Y*
@Jamal

Yeah the Paris area(région Île-de-France) is already strongly dominated by black folk, populationwise.

And I read somewhere that the african black birth rate in Paris ( africans have more traditional views when it comes to gender roles, and tend to raise big families) is 10x stronger than other races there...most of the kids age 0-10 60% are pure black :ohhh:

And france being a fairly liberal country when it comes to interracial sex/relationships, a lot of the pawgs/arabic northern african chicks(beurettes) love and date black men, lots of mulatto and black/maghrebi mixed chicks....even some cac dudes procreate with black women there, creating some more mixed kids.:ehh:

Black dudes there seem to dominate the sexual market, a decent looking rich black breh from anywhere will murder these pawgs/sistas/beurettes/jewesses and even them francophone asians from former french colonies like vietnam.

Tons of mixed girls there. These french chicks love the BBC

shyt Paris is already a african colony when you see the demographics:mjlol: I bet front national/french cacs are furious as hell:mjlol::laff::fire:

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Yo does the 7 line/train/tube/underground go to any of those areas? While I was out there, that was the train line I had to take to where I was staying. At first I kept missing my stops because I didn't realize from the inside of the tube/train you had to open the door yourself for the shyt to open. I got off at a few suspect locations at night, :whew:. :pacspit: and :whoo: @ the way dudes were opening the doors and hopping off it before it came to a full stop. shyt reminded me of jumping out of a plane.

That's quite common over here, for some reason you can open the doors before the metro train comes to a full stop. EVERYBODY does it, Parisians are usually alwasy in a hurry.

Marseille is the hardest city in all of Europe apparently, but I think this video is in the outskirts of Paris though.

Marseille might be up there, but I keep hearing that Naples is at another level

My cousin who lives in Haiti put me on to Stromae. Dude is cool i guess. He's like the french version of Will.I.AM

THe "papa ou tu es" song (pronounced "papa.ou.t'ai') is dope at first but mofos were blasting that shyt so much that it got played out and eventually got on my nerves.

You said he was a French version of Will I Am...

You'd never have guessed Guru came from Boston back in the day while Stromae fully reps Belgium. He just did the official anthem for the Belgian football team and I think he still lives there :yeshrug:

He started out doing rap beats and he doesn't sing but he doesn't consider himself a rapper and his music is definitely not rap.

Yep indeed Stromae fully reps Belgium and Brussels, and indeed he started out as rapper/producer before moving on to more pop music.

:whew: thanks for putting me on. Stromae ain't no joke but why dude was dressing like a lady in the first vid

It's because the first vid is about relationships and he takes on the part of a girl. Hence the disguise.

France has always had the best hip hop scene outside of the US. I've heard it's because the French spent a lot of time in New York in the 80s and really studied hip hop.

MC Solaar made one of the best albums I've ever heard, period. (Prose Combat), that give Illmatic and Ready To Die a run for its money considering that all 3 came out in 1994. Not even Canada has pulled that off.

And yes, they've always flowed better than the British (despite the language barrier) and made better beats than the British. Don't ask me why

Akhenathon (leader of IAM) was in studios in NY as early as the mid 80s and was hanging out with rappers from that era. He was on a b-side track of Choice M.C (around 3 min mark)

i feel you but they were kinda biting back then too when you think about it. it's just that back then they were biting from the golden era, lol. also, back then they would get on the trend a few years after it hit in the states but nowadays they get on it right away cause they have instant access to it with the internet.

as much as i love IAM's L'Ecole du Micro D'argent, album was heavily Wu influenced. You could also argue Doc Gyneco was kind of a Bone Thug/Snoop hybrid. but i admit it wasn't as flagrant as today. back then they still put their own touch to it as well.

True to an extent, but IAM was deep into egyptian/asiatic stuff from the beginning of their career (91, before the Wu).

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
@karim
@Todd McPiff
@Turbulent
@I.AM.PIFF
@Intruder v3.0
@AAKing23
@Wild self
@malcolmxxx_45
@*L*E*G*A*C*Y*
@Jamal

Yeah the Paris area(région Île-de-France) is already strongly dominated by black folk, populationwise.

And I read somewhere that the african black birth rate in Paris ( africans have more traditional views when it comes to gender roles, and tend to raise big families) is 10x stronger than other races there...most of the kids age 0-10 60% are pure black :ohhh:

And france being a fairly liberal country when it comes to interracial sex/relationships, a lot of the pawgs/arabic northern african chicks(beurettes) love and date black men, lots of mulatto and black/maghrebi mixed chicks....even some cac dudes procreate with black women there, creating some more mixed kids.:ehh:

Black dudes there seem to dominate the sexual market, a decent looking rich black breh from anywhere will murder these pawgs/sistas/beurettes/jewesses and even them francophone asians from former french colonies like vietnam.

shyt Paris is already a african colony when you see the demographics:mjlol: I bet front national/french cacs are furious as hell:mjlol::laff::fire:

shyt isn't as good as you make it seem. The french can be very racist and even between immigrant communities, there have been some kind of friction.

White birth rate is low all around Europe, it seems.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Akhenathon (leader of IAM) was in studios in NY as early as the mid 80s and was hanging out with rappers from that era. He was on a b-side track of Choice M.C (around 3 min mark)

Son, that track is fire! are you French?

Can you recommend a classic French hip hop album that's on par with Prose Combat? As you can tell, I'm a huge MC Solaar fan. I don't understand a word, but his vocal delivery is so special and the beats are so fantastic that it doesn't even matter. His voice is pleasant to my ear. But a lot of French rappers, even IAM... their voices are too abrasive.

I need pleasant vocals and pleasant beats (the beats - something the French are great at)

I've heard the following:

L'école du micro d'argent
some Supreme NTM singles but no albums: I like "Fievre" and "Tout N'Est Pas Si Facile" a lot
Si Dieu Veut... by Fonky Family
Some album by Sleo (the one with Je Lance Les Des on it)
Bad Boys of Marseilles by Akhenathon

Thanks homie!

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
@karim
@Todd McPiff
@Turbulent
@I.AM.PIFF
@Intruder v3.0
@AAKing23
@Wild self
@malcolmxxx_45
@*L*E*G*A*C*Y*
@Jamal

are there any official demographic data for this? i can't find any

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Son, that track is fire! are you French?

Can you recommend a classic French hip hop album that's on par with Prose Combat? As you can tell, I'm a huge MC Solaar fan. I don't understand a word, but his vocal delivery is so special and the beats are so fantastic that it doesn't even matter. His voice is pleasant to my ear. But a lot of French rappers, even IAM... their voices are too abrasive.

I need pleasant vocals and pleasant beats (the beats - something the French are great at)

I've heard the following:

L'école du micro d'argent
some Supreme NTM singles but no albums: I like "Fievre" and "Tout N'Est Pas Si Facile" a lot
Si Dieu Veut... by Fonky Family
Some album by Sleo (the one with Je Lance Les Des on it)
Bad Boys of Marseilles by Akhenathon

Thanks homie!

Nah I'm Belgian-Centralafrican but french-speaking and spent a lot of time in France...living in Paris right now...

Here are a couple of albums I would recommend :

Iam : L'Ecole du Micro d'Argent is one of the best HH albums PERIOD for me. Right there with 36 Chambers or Illmatic as far as I'm concerned. Been listening to it like every other month since it came out in 96. The album before (Ombre est Lumière) is great too

Akhenathon : Méteque et Mat, Sol Invictus (first two albums) the rest is still good but I feel them a lil bit less

Shurik'n (also from IAM): Où je vis

DJ Kheops (DJ from IAM) : Sad Hill (compilation with the best rappers from the late 90s imo)

You can go ahead and listen to Fonky Family's first two albums ("Si Dieu veut" is the first and best imo, then "Art de Rue")

"Chronique de Mars" : Compilation of MCs from Marseille (that they called "Mars"). This is a 6 min track about smoking weed :deadmanny:

La Rumeur : basically their whole discography

Fabe : same

Lunatic (Booba's original group): Mauvais Oeil . You could compare them to Mobb Deep in the sense they represented the more grimy style, but with more "conscious" stuff too. Basically Booba was the grimy one and Ali was the street scholar. Some argue it's the best "street" album ever (IAM was kind of in another lane). Dope album. Make sure to listen to "Seul le crime paie" which was not on that album but was/is a huge french HH anthem.

Mafia Trece : Loose-knit group/posse of various solo MCs, groups, etc. Only one album, one of the best imo.

Oxmo Puccino : Ran with the whole Black Mafioso style. Dope, still active today. Considered as one if not THE best lyricist in French HH. "Opéra Puccino"

Arsenik : "Seules quelques gouttes suffisent" members of the Secteur Ä posse, also one of the biggest albums. Lino still has a strong solo career.

Then you have various compilations, for example "Time Bomb Vol. 1" which was a losse-knit group with Oxmo Puccino, Booba, Pit Baccardi (another artist you might want to check out)..."Premiere classe Vol 1" was dope too, you can also check out Doc Gyneco's "Liaisons Dangereuses" which was an ambiotious project were he got tons of MCs and also regular french artists on and did something quite unique imo.

All of those are from late 90s-early 00s, I kind of lost touch afterwards. Abd-El-Malik (former rapper from the group NAP) went into spoken-word/slam, it's really good but something different. Oh yeah and then the whole Mafia K'1 Fry clique, they did some compilations, also had solo artists (Kery James) and groups (113).

There's a nice lil revival going on now, I really dig this track from a couple years back

Here's another totally different track that has been making noise in France lately, instru kind of has a edm vibe to it. More of the "commercial/turn up" style, he ain't saying shyt but the instru bangs

Voilà :myman: