Holy shyt drill rap has spread to FRANCE(France goons bitin lil reese flow, toatin AR 15s! )

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I guess! :yeshrug: Black Americans second greatest export behind music, ratchet music. :snoop:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mainly blacks that are uneducated and embrace that lifestyle.
I've been to France and there are many prominent blacks there in all aspects. But unlike hood negroes that wanna stunt they are not quick to jump in front of a camera. Paris from what i saw was full of black people to the point where it seemed like they were almost the majority there.
I'm pretty sure poverty is a little more complex than "Dey Just Wanna Be Po".

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Yeah I don't know to much about Drill besides a few Keef songs..but this shyt knocks,,I ain't gonna lie....instead of talking about how American ratchet music is bringing negativity to the rest of the world and how blacks are being perceived from it..lets talk about how these black folks from the hoods of Paris are making money from drill music doing something positive with their time instead of doing their usual criminal activities..

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

piccolo-1.jpg

LLMR

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My cousin who lives in Haiti put me on to Stromae. Dude is cool i guess. He's like the french version of Will.I.AM

THe "papa ou tu es" song (pronounced "papa.ou.t'ai') is dope at first but mofos were blasting that shyt so much that it got played out and eventually got on my nerves.

Stromae ain't French though. He is Belgian.

He is the biggest artist in France right now but I wouldn't call his music rap.

Daps
tur-fu is slang ("verlan", a slang where you invert the syllables of a word) for "futur" (future).

Kaaris is ass to me, but French rap 10-15 years ago was the shyt. A lot of classic material. It went to shyt somewhere down the line tho. Still easily the second best rap scene in the world tho.

How big is Kaaris out there? using American rap as an analogy.

Ive been checking for breh music, i like it:ehh:

Last edited:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Stromae ain't French though. He is Belgian.

He is the biggest artist in France right now but I wouldn't call his music rap.
I never said he was french. Just like Guru isnt from NY but that's where his core audience is. And you're right his music isnt rap but his flow is rap like. He isnt singing. Listen to "papa ou t'es?" and you cant tell me that that is singing.

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
How big is Kaaris out there? using American rap as an analogy.

Ive been checking for breh music, i like it:heh:

:patrice:I mean he big in the hood with the youngins, I'll say that. He came outta nowhere and just blew up in a year. Not sure how that translates in terms of record sales.

But in general he's a polarizing figure among rap fans. A lot of people can't rock with it, too manufactured ala Rozay, nikka really be in character in interviews n shyt, doing the whole Fiddy fake beef thing, it's just corny for a lot of people. It's weird cause I know Rozay/other American rappers stay lyin through they teeth and it don't bother me one bit but with French rappers I'm just like :comeon: nikka cut that shyt out just be you. Kaaris tryna be Styles P/50/Game/DMX all at once lol

But he got the streets right now no doubt :yeshrug:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:patrice:I mean he big in the hood with the youngins, I'll say that. He came outta nowhere and just blew up in a year. Not sure how that translates in terms of record sales.

But in general he's a polarizing figure among rap fans. A lot of people can't rock with it, too manufactured ala Rozay, nikka really be in character in interviews n shyt, doing the whole Fiddy fake beef thing, it's just corny for a lot of people. It's weird cause I know Rozay/other American rappers stay lyin through they teeth and it don't bother me one bit but with French rappers I'm just like :comeon: nikka cut that shyt out just be you. Kaaris tryna be Styles P/50/Game/DMX all at once lol

But he got the streets right now no doubt :yeshrug:
I've listened to some of his other joints. He's not all that impressive but i can see why streets would rally around him. He has that goon appeal like DMX did when he first came out.
He's aiigt lyrically but you dont feel his heart in the lyrics as he spits them. Typically means ghostwriters are involved.

Ps. That AMG 63 is dope

LLMR

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said he was french. Just like Guru isnt from NY but that's where his core audience is. And you're right his music isnt rap but his flow is rap like. He isnt singing. Listen to "papa ou t'es?" and you cant tell me that that is singing.

You said he was a French version of Will I Am...

You'd never have guessed Guru came from Boston back in the day while Stromae fully reps Belgium. He just did the official anthem for the Belgian football team and I think he still lives there :yeshrug:

He started out doing rap beats and he doesn't sing but he doesn't consider himself a rapper and his music is definitely not rap.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Funny, I was at my boy's house yesterday and he blasting musing while we on the balcony with this brawd. He had a couple of ol school french joints blasting and out of nowhere this track (Kaaris - Zoo) came on.