Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the rough season continues and Klay continues struggling, should the Warriors consider trading for Buddy Hield and Myles Turner?

:jbhmm:
he showed more life last night, he'll get it back going. i hear he had a calf injury during camp, that would explain his lack of arc on his shot

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
People forget Klay only played in one preseason game and he didn’t participate in any training camp basketball with the team all summer. Combine that with the fact that Klay has always been a streaky scorer.

One part of his game that he needs to eliminate are those black hole, hero ball shots with 20 seconds left in the shot clock. I don’t remember him doing that as often until last season.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
People forget Klay only played in one preseason game and he didn’t participate in any training camp basketball with the team all summer. Combine that with the fact that Klay has always been a streaky scorer.

One part of his game that he needs to eliminate are those black hole, hero ball shots with 20 seconds left in the shot clock. I don’t remember him doing that as often until last season.
His legs are obviously not there.. he has a ton of short shots. We will see where the team is at once their conditioning is right. Steph , dray and Wiggins seem to be the only ones in game shape to start the season

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand the lack of Kuminga minutes.
I mean he's essentially a third Stringer as far as the rotation. He's to the backup to the backup at this point in the season for the 5, 4 and 3 spot.

They’re prioritizing Wiseman’s development over JoKu. I don’t agree with the decision but that’s how it looks from the outside.

I don't think the plan was initially to prioritize Wiseman delvopement over Kuminga. At least from a coaching staff standpoint. I think when they drafted they envisoned kuminga as more of wing player/power wing. However he really doesn't have perimeter skills at this point to play the wing. And Kerr recently just admitted he's sees Kuminga as a 4 right now.

So right now he doesn't perimeter skiills to beat out Moody as the back up 3. Wiseman is strictly a 5 and is established as the back up. Now leaves the 4 spot up for grabs. Where JaMychal Green is more the established vetreran presence for the 2nd unit. Although one can argue Wiseman is possible negative with either line up. It's clearly Wiseman and Kuminga in the frontcourt is a disaster.

Daps
Net-rating of all the players who've played more than 100 minutes:

wiseman000.png

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
So the sky already falling and we not Shampionship anymore?

:pachaha:

That said, Wise should spend some time playing with SC so he can get up to game speed.

:hubie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.