Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Since when has Kuminga been known for being a factor rebounding? That’s one of his criticisms, that he doesn’t rebound good enough compared to his athletic ability.
I don't know where you're getting this from - it sounds like you just made it up.

He had one of the higher contested rebound rates on the squad last season (even higher than Wiggins). He's athletic, physical, purposeful and has good BBIQ, which are all elements needed to be a good rebounder. Furthermore, they needed his presence out there because he has plays with a physical/aggressive nature that is often missing out there on the floor.
Wild how Wisemen is a trending topic on here on a night where he only played 5 minutes.
It seems you're destined to die on that hill. Nearly everyone can see it but you.

Last edited:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
I don't know where you're getting this from - it sounds like you just made it up.

He had one of the higher contested rebound rates on the squad last season (even higher than Wiggins). He's athletic, physical, purposeful and has good BBIQ, which are all elements needed to be a good rebounder. Furthermore, they needed his presence out there because he has plays with a physical/aggressive nature that is often missing out there on the floor.

It seems you're destined to die on that hill. Nearly everyone can see it but you.
I randomly typed in “Kuminga rebound” on twitter just to make sure that my eye test wasn’t imagining things last season since you’re telling me I made up that observation

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
We've really got posters in here throwing Kuminga under the buss simply to protect Wiseman. Such a shame.
You call it throwing Kuminga under the bus, I call it keeping that same energy. You’re one of Kerr’s biggest Stan’s and he doesn’t think Kuminga deserves minutes yet. You can’t blame his lack of minutes tonight on wiseman when wiseman only played 5 minutes. I hope Kuminga becomes a hall of famer, I hope every player on the roster becomes great but if I see y’all singling out one player and giving everyone else a pass, that doesn’t sit right with my spirit.

Last edited:
Daps
I randomly typed in “Kuminga rebound” on twitter just to make sure that my eye test wasn’t imagining things last season since you’re telling me I made up that observation

That Jim Park cat has an axe to grind with Kuminga. It was nauseating every time I saw him tweet about Kuminga last season.

He was the same one calling for Kerr's head every single game last season, despite the fact he had already proved he was one of the best coaches in the league, rebuilt the offensive system to becoming one of the best of the modern era, and integrated every and any type of player that came through. The criticism was not only completely unwarranted, but he was throwing shyt at the wall whenever the Warriors lost trying to blame Kerr.

He's insufferable and doesn't know shyt about the game.

I'm sure you'll be able to find all types of criticisms of players on Twitter - that space seems to be one that is fueled by it when it comes to NBA discourse. Those few tweets don't mean anything to me.

The fact remains, Kuminga is one of the most aggressive and purposeful players on the squad; he's always looking to crash the offensive glass and/or cut to the rim. Does he still have a lot to learn like boxing out and knowing what to prioritize on defensive possessions? Of course. But you can't teach his desire and will to compete. He was taking it upon himself to take heavy defensive rep duties whenever he was on the floor last season. The Warriors needed someone out there that plays to his size, and is willingly to play in the paint, which Kuminga does. It would've helped the Warriors from being pushed around out there having a player like him who the Hornets had to worry about boxing out themselves.

Kuminga last season:

3rd highest rate in boxing out
5th highest rate in contested shots
3rd highest rate in contested rebounds (out of all non-bigs).

He did that all as an 18-year-old rookie wing.

Last edited:
Daps
You call it throwing Kuminga under the bus, I call it keeping that same energy. You’re one of Kerr’s biggest Stan’s and he doesn’t think Kuminga deserves minutes yet. You can’t blame his lack of minutes tonight on wiseman when wiseman only played 5 minutes. I hope Kuminga becomes a hall of famer, I hope every player on the roster becomes great but if I see y’all singling out one player and giving everyone else a pass, that doesn’t sit right with my spirit.
Kerr thought Kuminga deserved minutes last season. He even got meaningful minutes down the stretch of games.

What's changed?

Wiseman.

He's the one being prioritized, and allowed to play through his mistakes. They're even abandoning the system whenever he's on the floor, as if he's KD. Defending Kerr doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does, and I'm sure him playing Wiseman over Kuminga isn't all his decision. There seems to be an overwhelming hivemind from the organization, top-to-bottom, to live and die by Wiseman, and that's where a lot of my frustration comes from. He's being coddled, which inadvertently tells me that they don't think he's as good as they expected him to be.

Any potentially-great big man wouldn't need to be handled with kid gloves like this.

I'd imagine the reason Kuminga didn't get any run when Wiseman only played five minutes is that the Warriors were down double-digits to start the second quarter (no thanks to Wiseman who completely drowned the lineups he was in), and Kerr wanted to bring back in Looney and Wiggins to make sure the game didn't get out of hand. We're not going to really know what Wiseman's absence does for Kuminga's role and minutes until the former isn't playing.

If it feels like I'm singling him out then it's because he deserves to be. All these expectations that come with being a #2 pick and the 'next generational big man' and not only is he not meeting them, but he's holding the team back.

Last edited:
Daps
Whatever you want to say about Kuminga, the Warriors never abandoned the system to cater to him last season. There's a reason why he had great synergy with the starters and was willing to do nearly everything when the ball wasn't in his hands. In fact, he was aggressive to a fault a times, picking up fouls because he was too physical for the refs liking.

The Warriors need someone like that out there so they don't get punked, physically.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
Whatever you want to say about Kuminga, the Warriors never abandoned the system to cater to him last season. There's a reason why he had great synergy with the starters and was willing to do nearly everything when the ball wasn't in his hands. In fact, he was aggressive to a fault a times, picking up fouls because he was too physical for the refs liking.

The Warriors need someone like that out there so they don't get punked, physically.
I love Kumingas potential, I’ve always been a supporter of the youth movement while you advocated for trading Wiggins plus the picks that turned into moody and kuminga into a package for Siakam, Ben Simmons or Myles Turner because you thought it wasn’t possible to contend and develop rookies at the same time :hubie:

Daps
I love Kumingas potential, I’ve always been a supporter of the youth movement while you advocated for trading Wiggins plus the picks that turned into moody and kuminga into a package for Siakam, Ben Simmons or Myles Turner because you thought it wasn’t possible to contend and develop rookies at the same time :hubie:
If you want to use me trading the picks, themselves, for veteran help, than you can't say that you loved Kuminga's potential, because obviously Kuminga on the Warriors was never a thing at that point. You would've loved whoever the Warriors drafted, because you're a fan of the team and will likely defend any moves they make and the whoever they draft/sign. Hence you putting on your cape for Wiseman at every turn despite him not doing anything remotely to deserve it.

But to that point - look at what's happening now where Kuminga is getting buried on the bench, Moody is getting inconsistent minutes and they're trying to coddle Wiseman. Is that really developing the young guys and contending? Or are you inadvertently agreeing with what I said about trading those picks for ready-made talent?

What heights would they reach and what would be the maximization of this core's closing window if they had someone like Siakam at the 5? If the Warriors fail to win another title with this group, won't that be a lost opportunity, particularly if none of Wiseman, Kuminga nor Moody end up being stars? Tell me what those guys did last season that contributed to the championship, and tell me what position they're now in this season to contribute to another playoff run?

And since we're on the topic of "supporting the youth movement":
Paschall= Reliable Harrison Barnes
:hubie:

Status
Not open for further replies.