Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
He's been back nearly 10 games. It's not like he's coming back from an ACL. How much grace do you want to give him?
Maybe a bit more time considering he was playing better than he was last year prior to injury. Not counting the fact that the lineup has changed and now he’s the 4th option

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
:stopitslime:

He had four points on 2-9 shooting and did nothing but stand around on offense for most of the game. That boy 27 years old and doesn't have half the mileage on his body that any of the OG core does. Even the role players on the bench are being more productive than him.
Did you watch the game or stat watching?

Daps
Maybe a bit more time considering he was playing better than he was last year prior to injury. Not counting the fact that the lineup has changed and now he’s the 4th option
My bro, you can't use this excuse anymore.

He's been in the league for a decade and on this team for a while now with these guys where he should know how to have an impact. He's not a rookie. You said this same shyt last season to excuse his play. If he's the 4th option then he's getting 4th option defensive coverage, and yet he's still not making it count.
Did you watch the game or stat watching?
I watched the game.

Did you?

Nobody that did would be seriously trying to defend his play. He's back to his usual stand around in the background ass dancer routine.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
My bro, you can't use this excuse anymore.

He's been in the league for a decade and on this team for a while now with these guys where he should know how to have an impact. He's not a rookie. You said this same shyt last season to excuse his play. If he's the 4th option then he's getting 4th option defensive coverage, and yet he's still not making it count.

I watched the game.

Did you?

Nobody that did would be seriously trying to defend his play. He's back to his usual stand around in the background ass dancer routine.
I watched every min… Wigs shots were flat but he wasn’t settling… Klay on the other hand smh the moment he let Kyrie get those muliple opportunities under the basket on the put back and he just standing there I already knew it was going to be that type of game from him

Daps
I watched every min… Wigs shots were flat but he wasn’t settling… Klay on the other hand smh the moment he let Kyrie get those muliple opportunities under the basket on the put back and he just standing there I already knew it was going to be that type of game from him
They both played like trash.

In the grand scheme of things, Klay has been pulling his weight lately and Wiggins hasn't. That was Klay's first bad performance in nearly a month.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
That new starting lineup is trash.

You can't just stockpile shooters without post guys to do the dirty work. The Loon disrespect is scust.
:hhh:

Anyone check the +/- for this game? See anything interesting?

:sas2:

tempFileForShare_20230122-224635.jpg

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Did Klay really deserve to be benched after he's been arguably the team's best player over the last 3-4 weeks?

:manny:
Klay has been ballin. He was out of rhythm tonight.

I like situational coaching. Just like we "go with the hot hand" and feed a guy who's shot is on fire. We should also go away from someone who's ice cold on that particular night.

If we didn't have so many capable options, then yeah, ride it out with your guy. But we do. Donte was cooking and should've been greenlighted until he cooled.

I don't blame Klay at all tho. I think Kerr is a weirdo who plays too many favorites and it interferes with regular season winning.

Daps
Klay has been ballin. He was out of rhythm tonight.

I like situational coaching. Just like we "go with the hot hand" and feed a guy who's shot is on fire. We should also go away from someone who's ice cold on that particular night.
Just because his shot wasn't falling tonight doesn't mean he should be benched, particularly given it's his first bad performance in a while. It would hinder the functionality of the offense, it would mean less spacing and more workload on other players and it would be disrespectful to Klay (which could cause unnecessary friction). Especially given the fact they need to start developing some continuity with a near-full rotation.

This team hasn't had the success they've had being that temperamental around their rotations.
If we didn't have so many capable options, then yeah, ride it out with your guy. But we do. Donte was cooking and should've been greenlighted until he cooled.
Klay came back in the game for Wiggins in the 4th quarter and went 2-4 before Poole checked back in for Donte, so you're saying that Poole should've checked back in for Klay and they should've left Donte out there who had already played 14-15 minutes straight (he would've ended up playing around 18-19 minutes straight)?

You wanted Donte to play the back-half of the 3rd and then the entire 4th?

:usure:
I don't blame Klay at all tho. I think Kerr is a weirdo who plays too many favorites and it interferes with regular season winning.
Every coach would've done the same in that situation.

It's not on Kerr that Klay's shot was off, Wiggins didn't do anything and Steph shytted the bed in the 4th. You would have some semblance of an argument if Klay had been playing poorly for an extensive period of time and wasn't looking like turning it around any time soon, but he's been on a tear over the last few weeks. It's completely unreasonable to expect Kerr to keep him on the bench in that situation, especially when Wiggins was already on the bench.

We were all calling for Kerr to bench Klay not too long ago and then he ended up shutting us all up.

Kuminga and Klay were the only two players who had field goals in the last eight minutes, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to blame it on Kerr playing favorites, unless you're saying that he should've benched Steph too, who was diabolical in the 4th.

Daps
Kerr doesn't have the balls to do what's right in the moment and hides behind "loyalty" when it's really cowardice.
You don't build a dynasty without relying on your main guys - through the good and the bad. If he did what's "right in the moment" they wouldn't have had all this success. Steph has been terrible down the stretch over the last 3 out of 4 games, should Kerr entertain keeping him on the bench in the 4th in the next game, or whenever Steph fukks up again? Is Kerr not playing favorites with him too?

It's strange to me how Kerr was criticized at the start of the season for playing the likes of Lamb, Donte, Jerome and JMG over the young guys, and that ended up being the right decision, then persevered with Klay despite his struggles and that ended up being the right decision. Now it seems we're back to blaming him again for whatever struggles they're going through at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.