Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loon saved the day :blessed: If only he had like 15% more athleticism he'd easily be a fringe all-star. Theres so many times he gets fed the ball for a wide open lay up or dunk, but he's so slow to go up and has like a 2 inch vertical that the defender has time to recover.

Jordan Poole is frustrating as hell to watch. He's always doing some dumb ass shyt during crunch time.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Loon saved the day :blessed: If only he had like 15% more athleticism he'd easily be a fringe all-star. Theres so many times he gets fed the ball for a wide open lay up or dunk, but he's so slow to go up and has like a 2 inch vertical that the defender has time to recover.

Jordan Poole is frustrating as hell to watch. He's always doing some dumb ass shyt during crunch time.
Thank god we have vets. Overtime was pretty much decided by the vets. Klay, Dray, Loon and DDV. Even Lamb has some big steals]

Poole has to realize he doesnt need to go for a highlight play all the time. let draymond or DDV make the decisions

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
I was just telling Wifey tonight when she asked why Loon "didn't dunk it" on a putback...

"He has a 4 inch vertical". 🤷🏽‍♂️

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
He's the best ball-handler, by default.

Steph ain't there, so he has to step up to assume more of those responsibilities. I mean, there wasn't even a legit PG in the rotation tonight.

:manny:
I disagree that he's the best ball handler by default. I'd rather the ball be in Donte, Dray, or Ty's hands to bring it up and get into the offense.

JP's an amazing scorer, but he's a pretty subpar playmaker and very reckless with the ball. Doesn't feel like a natural position for him.

The Dubs don't need a "ball handler" in the traditional sense. They've won chips without a real pg.

We need someone to bring the ball up reliably, and make the first pass to get into the offense.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I disagree that he's the best ball handler by default. I'd rather the ball be in Donte, Dray, or Ty's hands to bring it up and get into the offense.

JP's an amazing scorer, but he's a pretty subpar playmaker and very reckless with the ball. Doesn't feel like a natural position for him.

The Dubs don't need a "ball handler" in the traditional sense. They've won chips without a real pg.

We need someone to bring the ball up reliably, and make the first pass to get into the offense.
basically we need someone who isnt liable to fukk up the possession by:

a. doing some herky-jerk move that does more to shake poole than his defender
b. a really dumb turnover by trying to go for something unnecessarily flashy
c. a bad shot over 2 defenders because it would look really cool instead of passing it to an open player

Just give it to Donte or Draymond. I trust them to make a more sound decision

He's the best ball-handler, by default.

Steph ain't there, so he has to step up to assume more of those responsibilities. I mean, there wasn't even a legit PG in the rotation tonight.

:manny:

Last edited:
Daps

No time like the present to get Poole used to being the main guy because he will be sooner rather than later.

These are the games where you can afford to build his reps up in that role - they're meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but they're important for Poole to learn his craft with the ball in his hands, knowing how to create offense as the lead ball-handler. I mean, what's the point giving him that contract if he's never going to be reliant on having the responsibilities that go with it?

Donte, Draymond and Jerome are all limited in their own way when handling the ball (especially since two of them aren't going to be regularly playing with the starters), so it makes sense to put someone like Poole in a more dominant role, if only to look towards the future.

I thought they did a pretty good job tonight handling the ball-handling duties, by committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.