Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
are the warriors looking to make a splash? or a subtle move? or no move at all?

Daps
The same season you were 100% convinced the Warriors had no chance to win the chip, while I was convinced they were gonna win the entire year. Need you to doubt them again so lightning strikes twice.
You said you put this thread on ignore.
You said you put me on ignore.
You said this Warriors team was finished and would be lucky to make the play-in tournament this season.

Go and pray for Wiseman to have a JaVale McGee career and get the fukk outta my alerts box.

:unimpressed:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
You said this Warriors team was finished and would be lucky to make the play-in tournament this season.

Go and pray for Wiseman to have a JaVale McGee career and get the fukk outta my alerts box.

My homie Bay Area informed me about the foolishness in this thread. I came to investigate and he was 100% correct :scust:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA

Furthermore.. One day you say this team needs a trade, the next day you love every young guy and these games without Curry are building character…….. Are they contenders or not? Make a definitive statement,

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
The problem with being a "prideful Homer" in sports conversations...

Is you can't give appropriate props when players you previously dissed, play well.

And you make endless excuses or deflections when your guy deserves criticism.

There's another word for this, "idolatry".
:blessed:

Dray, Wise, Poole, JK, Kerr, Klay, and everyone else has both deserved praise AND criticism at various times.

It's cool to have varying opinions, but don't be a HATER or a HOMER.

It'll serve you well in your life outside of sports fandom as well.

Daps
Furthermore.. One day you say this team needs a trade, the next day you love every young guy and these games without Curry are building character…….. Are they contenders or not? Make a definitive statement,
I'm not interested in conversing with you. You can't come back around trying to act all civil after the shyt you pulled.

You made your bed now you've gotta lie in it.

:manny:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
So the untold story right now is...

The Battle for the 15th Roster Spot (and maybe the 14th)

Jerome vs Lamb vs JMG

I say whomever plays the best on the road, gets the spot. Although they don't have a ton of time to decide on the 2 way guys.

Daps
The problem with being a "prideful Homer" in sports conversations...

Is you can't give appropriate props when players you previously dissed, play well.

And you make endless excuses or deflections when your guy deserves criticism.

There's another word for this, "idolatry".
:blessed:

Dray, Wise, Poole, JK, Kerr, Klay, and everyone else has both deserved praise AND criticism at various times.

It's cool to have varying opinions, but don't be a HATER or a HOMER.

It'll serve you well in your life outside of sports fandom as well.
To be perfectly honest, Wiseman doesn't deserve praise for anything. Just because he may pull off a good screen here and there, or not be a complete liability on every possession, I don't think that's worth any praise. All that means is he isn't as bad as he has been. It's essentially Participation award praise.

Whereas Dray, Poole, Klay etc certainly deserved to be praised or criticized because their respective performances warrant it. They actually have a spectrum of play that either help the team win or contribute to them losing. To take it even a step further, both Dray and Klay should be immune to any type of general criticism that you'd apply to everyone else. They've both earned the right where we've seen what they've done in the playoffs time and time again, that the odd time they don't perform during the regular season shouldn't be made used to damn them.

With that said, if Klay doesn't perform up to standard this postseason, questions will have to be asked about what value he brings to this team and if it's worth keeping him.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
To be perfectly honest, Wiseman doesn't deserve praise for anything. Just because he may pull off a good screen here and there, or not be a complete liability on every possession, I don't think that's worth any praise. All that means is he isn't as bad as he has been. It's essentially Participation award praise.

Whereas Dray, Poole, Klay etc certainly deserved to be praised or criticized because their respective performances warrant it. They actually have a spectrum of play that either help the team win or contribute to them losing. To take it even a step further, both Dray and Klay should be immune to any type of general criticism that you'd apply to everyone else. They've both earned the right where we've seen what they've done in the playoffs time and time again, that the odd time they don't perform during the regular season shouldn't be made used to damn them.

With that said, if Klay doesn't perform up to standard this postseason, questions will have to be asked about what value he brings to this team and if it's worth keeping him.
We 98% agree. We're using differing points of view.

I'm coming from a philosophical POV about being an unbiased fan, capable of seeing the positive and negative in any sports situation.

Whereas you're using a specific and subjective POV about Wise's underperforming and Klay and Dray's championship equity.

We could argue the minutia about reasons why Wiseman deserves any, or no praise. Or just how bad Klay and Dray can fukk up before they can be criticized. But that would be mental masturbation.

Daps
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed the constant bet hedging.
I predicted the Warriors would win the title last November, when you were busy hiding and hedging your bets. I’ve been right about this team. Steph Curry playing other worldly basketball is the only reason they are relevant. It’s been that way for 8 years now.
He will be taking Looney‘s minutes at some point this season once the organization clears him (the front office is looking quite inept when it comes to this Wiseman injury imo). If the Warriors want ANY chance of winning a title [in 2021-22], Wiseman has to be a part of the group.

A zombie Draymond isn’t gonna get the job done. With that injury and Kerr’s “coaching”, it’s looking like a recipe for a second half meltdown. Don’t worry, help is on the way [in Wiseman].
Now that's what you call actual "bet hedging", and you still ended up getting it wrong.

:picard:

Daps
This is why I see a lot of parallels between him and Kawhi.

Hopefully, they can get him a shooting coach like Chip to bring up that part of his game because he's been struggling to create consistent offense for himself lately, and is trying to spam going inside too much, which is making him a little bit predictable at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.