Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Your dumbass didn't even watch the game (as per usual).

Funnily enough your mans Wiseman did end up playing and they ended up losing. Big surprise there.

:lolbron:
Not even trying start or continue shyt.

Just speaking from a neutral pov. :hubie:

But shouldn't there be elevated expectations and pressure on a number 1 overall pick.

The coddling of this young man does a disservice to a championship orientated team.

His development and timeline don't fit with the warriors win now time line.

I'll keep it 100, some big men take a few seasons to develop.

I rewatched Wiseman again last night and his bbiq leaves something to be desired. I think I saw him get blocked twice.

He lack's patience in the front court and thinks he can out muscle everyone. His only true basket, was when he out muscled someone that was like 6'8.

And like mentioned before, he looked lost out there and disrupted plays and passing lanes for his own teammates.

I'm just say let's call it what it is.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Picked the wrong day to try to catch up on this thread

the-simpsons-enter.gif

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
and as much as I like to see the Dubs win, on the other hand I feel like they are testing the goodwill of the basketball gods :yeshrug:
and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win this year. :francis:
what they're doing is some fukkshyt, straight up and down.

I hear you, and your feelings are valid.

For my team's sake, I hope you're wrong about the bball god's goodwill. I made a similar comment about Steph's fake viral video being the "spiritual reason" why he had his worst shooting game in damn near ever vs the Pacers.

But if you're mad at "load management" in general, blame these two niccas, not the Dubs.

USATSI_13555447-e1572029064664.jpg

Last edited:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thus far this season with or without Wiseman this team is basically no different. In the long run they should have just kept trying to find a rotation that worked with him, even if they still inevitably traded him. Now that you have worked him out the rotation I don't know how you work him back in, and now his trade value is also tanked.
this just isn't true

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’ve been posting in this thread for almost a decade it’s hard to completely turn my back on it but I’m over it. This shyt is irrelevant to me at this point. Last years chip was the last hooray of solidarity, even though I was the only one that believed in the team all year long.
You weren’t the only one chill
I

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Team record says it is.
good thing I'm actually watching the games and not just looking at a team record. there is nowhere in the rotation for Wiseman to play that doesn't drag the team down, and that's including playing with Steph. The restructured "bench" units to start the 2nd and 4th quarters are miles ahead of the Wiseman units. The team record you cite also now includes multiple games where Steph/Draymond/Wiggins, the 3 best players on the team, didn't play.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

Hopefully, he can maintain this level of aggression when he plays with the starters. He tends to walk on eggshells alongside them, which is understandable given he's not given much room for error, but time's quickly running out for this team, especially if no trades are going to be made.

They're going to need this version of him if they're any hope of repeating.

the second Kuminga learns how to shoot, man.... :wow:

that's it right there. a decent 3pt shot, like league average, and a good midrange shot. That's all we need

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
good thing I'm actually watching the games and not just looking at a team record. there is nowhere in the rotation for Wiseman to play that doesn't drag the team down, and that's including playing with Steph. The restructured "bench" units to start the 2nd and 4th quarters are miles ahead of the Wiseman units. The team record you cite also now includes multiple games where Steph/Draymond/Wiggins, the 3 best players on the team, didn't play.
None of what your are watching sans Wiseman has resulted in this team playing any better than they were previously. Who cares if you feel the bench unit is better now if it isn't resulting in more wins. Also I'm not saying Wiseman is the answer I'm saying he wasn't the problem. Team still has bigger issues.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
None of what your are watching sans Wiseman has resulted in this team playing any better than they were previously. Who cares if you feel the bench unit is better now if it isn't resulting in more wins. Also I'm not saying Wiseman is the answer I'm saying he wasn't the problem. Team still has bigger issues.
incorrect as all hell off the rip, but go off, my guy :wow:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Warriors fell to 3-7 when Wiseman was effectively removed from the rotation after the loss to the Pelicans on the road on 11/4. Their record is now 13 and 13, again, not only are you wrong based off what nikkas can see with their own 2 eyes, the team record that you cite is better without him in the rotation.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
The Warriors fell to 3-7 when Wiseman was effectively removed from the rotation after the loss to the Pelicans on the road on 11/4. Their record is now 13 and 13, again, not only are you wrong based off what nikkas can see with their own 2 eyes, the team record that you cite is better without him in the rotation.
The home/away splits are basically the same. They've just played more home games since Wiseman has been out of the rotation. There is not a huge variance sans Wiseman being in the rotation. I already broke this down in a previous post. Compare the first 10 games to the second 10 games and we'll see what it is after this next set of 10.

And the team may look better however they are basically on the same w/l pace they were on with Wiseman in the rotation which is basically home wins and road losses. But y'all can keep beating y'all chest with moral victories "the team looks better" really not sure wtf that matters if it still isn't resulting in more wins(on the road).

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
lineups were getting straight up blasted off the court with Wiseman in there, I don't even know how dude can type that and be expected to taken seriously.
:jbhmm: Was removing Wiseman the only change to the second unit. This is why it's hard to take these disingenuous arguments serious. 1. Kerr made a few changes to the second unit. 2. It's not like the Warriors have taken off without Wiseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.