Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
If you truly believe this, than what's the use in defending him anymore, or allocating blame to others and rerouting it away from him?

You can talk about others on the team without drawing it back to Wiseman. The fact you said "Klay committed an illegal screen which could've changed the ending" to use in your web to catch any Wiseman criticism is wild. Quite clearly, you're willing to sacrifice yourself for whatever hold Wiseman has over you before the team.

You popped your head up (after you said you retired from this thread) after ONE game with a new-look second unit trying to defend him, but you conveniently didn't show up after this last game using the same talking point when the bench actually held their own and kept the team in the game.

It's no secret the biggest Wiseman advocates are the only ones still in here trying to run interference for him.
I didn’t show up after this game because three of y’all called me out for coming back to this thread. I was staying away like y’all wanted me to :pachaha:

I called out Klay because he had a horrible fukking game which everyone acknowledged all game until he hit one clutch three.

Two things can be true, Wiseman is all time ass and the Warriors bench is very suspect right now.

I’m not defending Wiseman, I’m defending myself from multiple sneak disses after every game.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
This actually makes it worse for you.

You were one of the main ones arguing for two timelines, when I was trying to tell you otherwise.
I argued for two timelines last year and the Warriors ending up winning the chip. Coming into this season I remember you projecting the Warriors to win like 60 games so clearly you saw my vision as well even if that vision only included Kuminga and Moody. Now you’re back tracking to your timeline narrative from last year as if you never changed up.

Daps
Wiseman needs to go but y’all are being dishonest just to form like voltron against me :pachaha:
All due respect, but nobody really gives a fukk about you like that. Whatever you think folks are doing to "form like Voltron" against you, is all in your head. I mean you just quoted @SCORCH who wasn't even calling you out, but you took it to be like he was. He just made a general comment alluding to Wiseman; he wasn't trying to troll for attention.

@Don Homer and I only called you out after this last game because of what you pulled during the game prior.

You don't need to come to his defense anymore. Nobody is going to hold it against you if you say you're done with him.
I didn’t show up after this game because three of y’all called me out for coming back to this thread. I was staying away like y’all wanted me to :pachaha:
Nobody wants you to do anything you don't want to. You're free to post or you're free to leave. It's just funny you were willing to retire from this thread all because of Wiseman.

It's okay to admit you died on that hill (several times) and move on. Nobody is sentencing you to a figurative death over this.
I argued for two timelines last year and the Warriors ending up winning the chip.
With none of the young guys contributing anything of note (which I pointed out to you at the time when you were arguing for it).
Coming into this season I remember you projecting the Warriors to win like 60 games so clearly you saw my vision as well even if that vision only included Kuminga and Moody. Now you’re back tracking to your timeline narrative from last year as if you never changed up.
I projected them to have one of the best records based off the fact that Steph, Dray and Klay didn't even play one game together last season, yet they still won 53 games, so another seven-plus wins was a reasonable projection given they'd be back ready to start together for this campaign. I didn't see your vision because Kuminga is really the only guy who's of high value of the newer timeline; Moody I was indifferent on, and believed he was expendable for the right price.

I've always been of the opinion they needed to make a trade for another big. I've always been of the opinion that this organization shouldn't have drafted Wiseman.

And just because I projected them to win that amount of games doesn't mean I thought they'd win another title this season, as I've stated to you many a time that they couldn't go into another postseason with Looney as their only legitimate big. I held this belief last season, and I still hold it now. What's funny is, this team is starting to look a lot different after Wiseman got DNP'd; eerily similar to what happened during his rookie season when he went down - it looked like a completely different team.

They're starting to look like more I envisioned when I projected them to have a top-record. Who knew Wiseman could be this much of a detriment to success.

:sas2:
:sas1:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
All due respect, but nobody really gives a fukk about you like that. Whatever you think folks are doing to "form like Voltron" against you, is all in your head. I mean you just quoted @SCORCH who wasn't even calling you out, but you took it to be like he was. He just made a general comment alluding to Wiseman; he wasn't trying to troll for attention.

@Don Homer and I only called you out after this last game because of what you pulled during the game prior.

You don't need to come to his defense anymore. Nobody is going to hold it against you if you say you're done with him.

Nobody wants you to do anything you don't want to. You're free to post or you're free to leave. It's just funny you were willing to retire from this thread all because of Wiseman.

It's okay to admit you died on that hill (several times) and move on. Nobody is sentencing you to a figurative death over this.

With none of the young guys contributing anything of note (which I pointed out to you at the time when you were arguing for it).

I projected them to have one of the best records based off the fact that Steph, Dray and Klay didn't even play one game together last season, yet they still won 53 games, so another seven-plus wins was a reasonable projection given they'd be back ready to start together for this campaign. I didn't see your vision because Kuminga is really the only guy who's of high value of the newer timeline; Moody I was indifferent on, and believed he was expendable for the right price.

I've always been of the opinion they needed to make a trade for another big. I've always been of the opinion that this organization shouldn't have drafted Wiseman.

And just because I projected them to win that amount of games doesn't mean I thought they'd win another title this season, as I've stated to you many a time that they couldn't go into another postseason with Looney as their only legitimate big. I held this belief last season, and I still hold it now. What's funny is, this team is starting to look a lot different after Wiseman got DNP'd; eerily similar to what happened during his rookie season when he went down - it looked like a completely different team.

They're starting to look like more I envisioned when I projected them to have a top-record. Who knew Wiseman could be this much of a detriment to success.

I thought we were about to make progress until I got to this part. We are on the merry go round again. Once again.. the team looked different because Jaymychal and Moody got DNPs while Kuminga only got 4 minutes, along with Wiseman not playing.

What happened to #FreeKuminga he was supposed to be unleashed and flourishing without Wiseman holding him back. The game went to shyt during his limited minutes. That sounds very familiar to what happens during Wisemans minutes.

Daps
I thought we were about to make progress until I got to this part. We are on the merry go round again. Once again.. the team looked different because Jaymychal and Moody got DNPs while Kuminga only got 4 minutes, along with Wiseman not playing.
This is disingenuous.

Moody and Kuminga had no harmful effect on the squad last season, in fact, who can forget they were two players involved in this -

We're none-the-wiser as to what JaMychal's true effect on the team would be, because he's played the majority of his minutes with Wiseman. We do, however, have a large enough sample size from Wiseman's rookie season and this season to come to the conclusion that he's the common denominator. I mean, it doesn't take long to see how lost and passive he is on defense, and how the team abandons the system on offense to cater to him, where he can't even create his own shot.

You can't say that about any other player on the team.

Last edited:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
This is disingenuous.

Moody and Kuminga had no harmful effect on the squad last season, in fact, who can forget they were two players involved in this -

We're none-the-wiser as to what JaMychal's true effect on the team would be, because he's played the majority of his minutes with Wiseman. We do, however, have a large enough sample size from Wiseman's rookie season and this season to come to the conclusion that he's the common denominator. I mean, it doesn't take long to see how lost and passive he is on defense, and how the team abandons the system on offense to cater to him, where he can't even create his own shot.

You can't say that about any other player on the team.

First you say you’re indifferent on Moody when it’s time to claim that two timelines won’t work. Now your using his playoff performance to show that he and Kuminga can contribute to winning basketball. Oochie Wallie or One Mic….

Daps
First you say you’re indifferent on Moody when it’s time to claim that two timelines won’t work. Now your using his playoff performance to show that he and Kuminga can contribute to winning basketball. Oochie Wallie or One Mic….
I'm indifferent towards keeping him. I specified this when I said - "Moody I was indifferent on, and believed he was expendable for the right price."

I can still acknowledge he doesn't have a detrimental effect on the team and be indifferent towards keeping him on the squad. I don't know how you could possibly conflate the two. I used that example when you claimed the team looked different and tried to bring up Moody. We've seen how Moody looks and contributes when Wiseman isn't in the frame. We've seen how Wiseman looks and contributes when Moody isn't in the frame.

I told you the timelines don't make sense because you can't maximize either by having a stake in both. You commit to one or the other.

At this point all this arguing over minutiae is telling me that you can't admit you're wrong and just move on. It's okay, you can scatter Wiseman's ashes now, you don't have to hold onto that urn any longer, hoping for some miracle that his dust reforms itself into an actual legitimate NBA player.

:manny:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
And I mean, if you're trying to point the finger at JaMychal (whose best years are behind him), than you've set the bar mighty low.

:lolbron:
How am I only pointing a finger at Jaymychal when ive also mentioned 3 other players :heh:

Look at it this way.. Imagine if Hasham Thabeet and Brad Wanamaker were on the same team. Both are trash but since Thabeet is worse, you choose to only focus on Thabeet while I am trying to tell you that they both are the problem.

Last edited:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
I'm indifferent towards keeping him. I specified this when I said - "Moody I was indifferent on, and believed he was expendable for the right price."

I can still acknowledge he doesn't have a detrimental effect on the team and be indifferent towards keeping him on the squad. I don't know how you could possibly conflate the two.

I told you the timelines don't make sense because you can't maximize either by having a stake in both. You commit to one or the other.

At this point all this arguing over minutiae is telling me that you can't admit you're wrong and just move on. It's okay, you can scatter Wiseman's ashes now, you don't have to hold onto that urn any longer, hoping for some miracle that his dust reforms itself into an actual legitimate NBA player.

:manny:
Me: I agree that Wiseman is a bust

Gil and Don Homer: I can’t believe that you are still defending him:damn:

Daps
How am I only pointing a finger at Jaymychal when ive also mentioned 3 other players :heh:
You're misinterpreting that point.

I never said that was the only player you brought up, but I used him as a reference point as he's past his best and is a role player. If you're trying to prove a point about him being a reason for why a team is losing to defend someone else - you're setting the bar about as low as it could go.
Look at it this way.. Imagining if Hasham Thabeet and Brad Wanamaker were on the same team. Both are trash but since Thabeet is worse, you choose to only focus on Thabeet while I am trying to tell you that they both are the problem.
This is a false equivalence.

As I told you, we haven't seen JaMychal play without Wiseman for an appropriate period of time. However, we did see Wiseman without JaMychal back in 2020, and it wasn't pretty. Furthermore, what the fukk are you even arguing at the point? You're using an analogy where you're splitting hairs on two players who you think are "trash".
Me: I agree that Wiseman is a bust

Gil and Don Homer: I can’t believe that you are still defending him:damn:
Because you are.

It seems everyone else but you can see this. You're literally defending him by continuing this very discussion. You were willing to retire from this thread because you couldn't handle the criticism about him. You've got a signature that is about him. How is this lost on you?

That question is rhetorical if you didn't catch my tone.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
You're misinterpreting that point.

I never said that was the only player you brought up, but I used him as a reference point as he's past his best and is a role player. If you're trying to prove a point about him being a reason for why a team is losing to defend someone else - you're setting the bar about as low as it could go.

This is a false equivalence.

As I told you, we haven't seen JaMychal play without Wiseman for an appropriate period of time. However, we did see what Wiseman without JaMychal back in 2020 and it wasn't pretty. Furthermore, what the fukk are you even arguing at the point? You're using an analogy where you're splitting hairs on two players who you think are "trash".

Because you are.

It seems everyone else but you can see this. You're literally defending him by continuing this very discussion. You were willing to retire from this thread because you couldn't handle the criticism about his game. How is this lost on you?

That question is rhetorical if you didn't catch my tone.
I retired from the thread because the back and forths were exhausting not because of “criticism of Wiseman” :pachaha:

*gets tagged in here by two separate people last night*

*gets accused of keeping the argument going*

Status
Not open for further replies.