Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Give that man his flowers

For Wardell Stephen Curry

20210404034746_file_606936e289e01_6069389780612..jpeg

The GOAT we don't deserve.
:wow:

Facts

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Experimenting with the new second unit lineup.

Poole, Jerome, Kuminga and Lamb were on the floor when the Kings went on a big run to end the 1st. In the final two minutes of that quarter the Kings outscored them 14-2 (Monk was unconscious from behind the arc). It was just one of those anomaly runs a team has.

After that Kuminga didn't really see the floor when the Warriors went on their runs.
That run wasn't an anomaly, the second unit has been giving up runs like that all season. Poole is not leading that second unit on offense as he should be and they are absolutely horrible on D.

Daps
That run wasn't an anomaly, the second unit has been giving up runs like that all season. Poole is not leading that second unit on offense as he should be and they are absolutely horrible on D.
It was an anomaly.

A team scoring 14 points in less than two minutes is (4/4 from behind the arc).

Now, that's not to say that there isn't defensive issues with the second unit, but that was the first time that lineup had played together coming off the bench. I highly doubt a run like that will be repeated in the following games against the bench.

You're only telling on yourself posting in here trying to shift the goalposts with Wiseman after you tried calling me out. I'll expect your 1000-word handwritten apology by the end of the week.

:lolbron:

Robbo

All Star
Daps
It was an anomaly.

A team scoring 14 points in less than two minutes is (4/4 from behind the arc).

Now, that's not to say that there isn't defensive issues with the second unit, but that was the first time that lineup had played together coming off the bench. I highly doubt a run like that will be repeated in the following games against the bench.

You're only telling on yourself posting in here trying to shift the goalposts with Wiseman after you tried calling me out. I'll expect your 1000-word handwritten apology by the end of the week.

:lolbron:

There was a stretch last year where the team was horrible against 3's.. so we will see if they can turn it around. They just do not fight through screens or switch hard enough. The switcher sags back, the other defender gets caught in the screen and it's a wide open rhythm 3.

With Kuminga, there has to be something specific that Kerr is looking for from him. To give those minutes to trash ass Lamb was insane. I think they can really mask some defensive issues in the 2nd unit by not fueling runs from Long bad shots. I see it as the equivalent of a running game in football. Move the ball, get the kuminga match up you want and let him go downhill.

Daps
There was a stretch last year where the team was horrible against 3's.. so we will see if they can turn it around. They just do not fight through screens or switch hard enough. The switcher sags back, the other defender gets caught in the screen and it's a wide open rhythm 3.

With Kuminga, there has to be something specific that Kerr is looking for from him. To give those minutes to trash ass Lamb was insane. I think they can really mask some defensive issues in the 2nd unit by not fueling runs from Long bad shots. I see it as the equivalent of a running game in football. Move the ball, get the kuminga match up you want and let him go downhill.
It is strange considering he played nearly 40 against the Pelicans.

We'll wait to see how the spectrum of allocated minutes plays out over the next handful of games to really know where Kuminga sits. I suspect that because they were on a five-game losing streak that Kerr didn't want to fukk around and experiment any more. The fact they'll be primarily playing small ball now means he should naturally be getting more minutes as time goes on.

Daps

Myers hustling backwards.

This is what I've been saying for years that the team can't contend and develop, at the same time, and hope to maximize both situations. The organization has captured lighting in a bottle with Steph, Dray and Klay and they continue to take it for granted.

:unimpressed:

Status
Not open for further replies.