Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I gotta find a woman as committed as Sanji and his constant wear of two-pieces amidst the salty seas. :wow:

Didn’t realize how ridiculous that would look in live-action until now.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
IuXSjLL.jpg

“We got Gum-Gum Fruit down here…”

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
I'm gonna watch it.

That's all I will say.

Oh, one more thing, The voice of the actor for Luffy is...something is off, that just don't match up with Luffy's character at all to me. This is actually the worse thing about the trailer for me, lol.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I gotta find a woman as committed as Sanji and his constant wear of two-pieces amidst the salty seas. :wow:

Didn’t realize how ridiculous that would look in live-action until now.
Fam, OP is ridiculous in general. I was fine with this trailer. I knew that portraying Luffy's powers would be the most awkward part of this and it was. I just want anime fans to admit they're going to auto-hate any live action adaptation because it's what the internet has decided is cool :hubie:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Fam, OP is ridiculous in general. I was fine with this trailer. I knew that portraying Luffy's powers would be the most awkward part of this and it was. I just want anime fans to admit they're going to auto-hate any live action adaptation because it's what the internet has decided is cool :hubie:
I mean...I think this looks horrid, but you could have HBO-levels of effort dumped into the production and some of this stuff still gonna look silly at the end of the day.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I mean...I think this looks horrid, but you could have HBO-levels of effort dumped into the production and some of this stuff still gonna look silly at the end of the day.
Horrid, how? Expand; you know I actually give a fukk about your opinion:jbhmm:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

I said it for bebop and I’ll say it here, 1 to 1 live action anime does not work because it does not suspend the viewers disbelief. There is too much in the realm of fantasy that doesn’t translate and American directors try to tone it down while Japanese directors embrace it.

Even mundane shyt like blocking a strong opponents attack and pausing to look at each other is corny, look at the trailer why is Alvida lucid and just standing there to get KTFO?

For all the hate GiTS and EoT got those directors knew none the anime tropes would work over here. The problem is fanboys can’t accept a reinterpretation, but need a direct adaptation.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
No he isn’t where did you get this from?
:comeon:nikka don't play dumb, he's drawn brown skinned with the big lips Japanese folks always draw on black characters, and Oda even said in the real world he'd be African (for the rest, he said Zoro would be Japanese, Sanji french, Nami Swedish, Luffy Brazilian, Franky American, and Robin Russian. So clearly based on aesthetic)

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I said it for bebop and I’ll say it here, 1 to 1 live action anime does not work because it does not suspend the viewers disbelief. There is too much in the realm of fantasy that doesn’t translate and American directors try to tone it down while Japanese directors embrace it.

Even mundane shyt like blocking a strong opponents attack and pausing to look at each other is corny, look at the trailer why is Alvida lucid and just standing there to get KTFO?

For all the hate GiTS and EoT got those directors knew none the anime tropes would work over here. The problem is fanboys can’t accept a reinterpretation, but need a direct adaptation.
The trailer made fun of one of the biggest/silliest anime tropes. I remember when people were saying we need to stop video game adaptations. *The Last of Us has entered the chat*. Give shyt a chance. Adaptations that never even got to the West have proven to be great; see Rurouni Kenshin