Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Its going to suck like Cowboy Bebop did.

The ONLY way to do Live Action anime adaptations is to get as much of the original JAPANESE talent that worked on the og anime onboard to do the Live Action versions. And I don’t mean some bullshyt like “Creative Consultant”. I mean putting them in CHARGE of the operation.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Netflix is the last company that you want in charge of adapting an anime.

And even then these wild fantastical types like one piece just can't be done well. Just like dragon Ball Z can't.

I'm sure there's a lot of passion behind it but even then, passion just can't translate this shyt into something digestible to a viewing audience. Cowboy Bebop is much more grounded in reality and that flopped terribly. I feel as though they're banking on the fandom being loyal to it and it being a commercial success but it won't happen

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

8:35 AM · Jan 30, 2023

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
There's no way this gonna work and I'm not usually that guy.

Like How??? :mjlol: Even if Oda's involved.

I didn't even dislike Cowboy Bebop but it wasn't Cowboy Bebop.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Eiichiro Oda says whilst it was announced that the live-action ‘ONE PIECE’ series will release in 2023, he adds that Netflix have “promised that we won’t launch it until I’m satisfied.” “We’re in the final process! Right now! Of finishing all 8 episodes!”

11:09 AM · May 4, 2023

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I thought Netflix's Cowboy Bebop was okay. Jet carried it.

It could have been way better. :francis: Netflix didn't even bother listening to Watanabe despite having him on as creative consultant. Watanabe's response was pretty much :hubie: he revealed his involvement was limited and he gave them notes to work with but he had no control with what they'd do with it.

Oda seems to have more power and influence on the One Piece adaptation. He's executive producer and judging from the tweet it sounds like he was involved enough to oversee that things don't get too b*stardized. I'm optimistic but the problem is the IP is so fantastical I can't imagine it in live action form.