Hollywood fukking up Gugu Mbatha Raw career.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cs the ideas about black people building separately because as has been noted, it took two black women writers directors to give her roles that let her shine. We need to make sure we support black directors like Gina Prince Braithwate and Emma Assante. That's the only way black talent gonna be creatively satisfied in this industry.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then we need to focus on getting more Black female filmmakers. These CACs ain't about to help our sisters advance in Hollywood AT ALL.

100 percent cs. I dont even trust black male directors with black female actresses. We need black female directors period.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Black folks support Tyler Perry:lolbron:

Absolutely

Yea the whole Chitlin circuit plays... and now look at him. Building a movie studio down in ATL.

You don't have to like the man's movies... but ya gotta respect it. Dude is making moves... shyt the whites down there were tryin to stop him from buyin that fort.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Absolutely

Yea the whole Chitlin circuit plays... and now look at him. Building a movie studio down in ATL.

You don't have to like the man's movies... but ya gotta respect it. Dude is making moves... shyt the whites down there were tryin to stop him from buyin that fort.

Too bad us non "ultra conservative black Christians" who are younger and much too cool dont support him or put money in his pocket. We may go see Soul Plane but shyt on him:mjlol:

Coli niccas and coli militants never seen a TP movie in our lives

Daps
Damn you nikkas is lost as fukk... wondering why white men didn't accept specific black actresses. How black people should exclusively support black women and not black people in general, cause fukk Aaron Mcgruder right? Let his ass starve cause he's not a black women? How we should support garbage because were black and we have bad taste?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Too bad us non "ultra conservative black Christians" who are younger and much too cool dont support him or put money in his pocket. We may go see Soul Plane but shyt on him:mjlol:

Coli niccas and coli militants never seen a TP movie in our lives

huh:dahell:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely

Yeah. I never liked how people shyt on tyler perry. He is a great example of the do for self attitude. I dont like his movies but I like his work and business ethics.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Yeah. I never liked how people shyt on tyler perry. He is a great example of the do for self attitude. I dont like his movies but I like his work and business ethics.
He's a great role-model to be honest, he's set out a pretty good blueprint.

My hope would be that he continues to build, so much so, that his studio can become a place where he can put MORE black directors on...some of which might not be so creatively-bankrupt.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then we need to focus on getting more Black female filmmakers. These CACs ain't about to help our sisters advance in Hollywood AT ALL.
It should be noted that Gina Prince Bythewood and Amma Assante were the directors/writers/producers of the two films Gugu starred in.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Yeah "Undercovers" & "Kevin Hill" are 2 short-lived 1-season shows I've recently watched with black leads/diverse casts that would've fit in much better nowadays.
UPN is the reason Kevin Hill didn't make it, once they merged with the WB a lot of decent shows missed its chance if ever branching out.