Hollywood fukking up Gugu Mbatha Raw career.

Juven

All Star
Daps
look at what happened to lupita nyongo. I forgot she was in the star wars movie

just look at this pic of the hollywood execs kerry met up with the other day
750x422

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the OP doesn't know WTF he's talking about. How many movies can you think of that has a Black Female lead & is NOT a black movie? Movies that only got a limited release or Indie movies don't count. Gotta be movies that got a wide-theatrical release.

I can only movies I can think of are Halle Berry movies off the top of my head.
. Looks like you making excuses for hollywood racism.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Yeah the OP doesn't know WTF he's talking about. How many movies can you think of that has a Black Female lead & is NOT a black movie? Movies that only got a limited release or Indie movies don't count. Gotta be movies that got a wide-theatrical release.

I can only movies I can think of are Halle Berry movies off the top of my head.

. Looks like you making excuses for hollywood racism.

I'm not, I'm just telling you how it is. This is the norm. Black Women are having better luck on TV finding leading roles.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Those two movies were written and directed by black women, that's why.

Undercovers would have been a hit if it was released now. Show was out too early.

Yeah "Undercovers" & "Kevin Hill" are 2 short-lived 1-season shows I've recently watched with black leads/diverse casts that would've fit in much better nowadays.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
To answer the OP's question : It's easy, the people in the industry are racist.

Following the #OscarsSoCAC stuff? Notice how many people have come out to defend the academy? That's all you need to know.

We need to build our own media companies, and have our own infrastructure, if we want talented chicks like her to really soar. Until we do that...we are at the whims of cacs/kikes.

Ain't she supposed be in Star Wars Epsiode VIII?
Naw. She shot down those rumors months ago.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Puts Star Wars Rumors to Bed

There have been all types of rumors, all unsubstantiated, in regards to 8. Seemingly, there was 1 or 2 new female roles up for grabs....women like Gugu, Gina Rodriguez, Tatyana Maslany, were up for it (them?). But the rumor is that, they did rewrites that de-emphasized this part or parts, and that they were going for an "unknown Asian actress". Couple weeks later, they announce these two :

acJKY3z.jpg

My guess is that Laura Dern's part is completely different from the one the other girls were gunning for. It *seems* as though that part was re-written to be rather minor, hence all the big names dropping out. The rewrites were supposedly about "focusing on the cast established in TFA".

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well its clear she has something. But as usual Hollywood gonna ruin a good thing. One thing is Belle and Beyond The Lights were written and directed by black women so basically no one else.looking out for black actresses other than black female filmmakers.
Then we need to focus on getting more Black female filmmakers. These CACs ain't about to help our sisters advance in Hollywood AT ALL.