Hol up! Apple deadass charging $84 to unlock fast charging for the iPhone X, 8 & 8plus????

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
tenor.gif

It's not something to jailbreak. You need a USB type c to lightning cable and a charger from them that has a getting wattage. Together that's $84. They could've included that shyt. Everyone else does.
This is my first time hearing this

So there's another way to charge your phones besides what's included the box?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

On the 8 and X you have a rapid charge capability if you have the fast charger and cable which are not included with the phone. Not on the 7 or older series though. Industry standard practice is to include the fast charger with the phone.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Normally phone makers give you the fast charging capable power supply and cable in the box as the only charger. But Apple is giving you regular chargers and charging for the fast charging hardware smh. Fast charging would charge an iPhone to 50% in 30 mins

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Normally phone makers give you the fast charging capable power supply and cable in the box as the only charger. But Apple is giving you regular chargers and charging for the fast charging hardware smh. Fast charging would charge an iPhone to 50% in 30 mins
If the 8 and X are anything like the rest of the Iphones.

The "regular charger" is fast on its own. I get a full charge on my iPhone 7 in about 90 minutes. Which is already faster than my wife gets with her galaxy edge using the "fast" charger.

So is this some new stuff to iPhones? Will the 8 and x charge slower than the 7 without you paying for the upgrade?

If not then this is extra, and I don't see a problem with them charging for it.:manny:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The "regular charger" is fast on its own. I get a full charge on my iPhone 7 in about 90 minutes. Which is already faster than my wife gets with her galaxy edge using the "fast" charger.

So is this some new stuff to iPhones? Will the 8 and x charge slower than the 7 without you paying for the upgrade?

If not then this is extra, and I don't see a problem with them charging for it.:manny:
tenor.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't know if 90 minutes is accurate, but I know my 6S+ charges fast as well. :yeshrug:
Charging extra for the fast charging is whack regardless though but it's a minimal complaint that wouldn't affect my day to day use of the phone.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've never sat and timed it. But I've estimated that I get about one percentage point per minute.

Whatever it is I know it's a hell of a lot faster than my wife's phone even using her "fast charger"

When she doesn't use a fast charger that shyt takes like 4-5 hours :huhldup:

I'm just saying the technology is different. If IPhones were like Samsungs and took 4-5 hours to charge without the "fast" charger, then I'd understand the problem.

Just because they are calling it a "fast" charger doesn't make it an apples to apples comparison to what's on offer by other manufacturers.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Samsung uses old tech for fast charge. They use Fast charge 2 and the tech is on 4 now.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
droid been had wireless charging

apple playing catchup, pretending they innovating.

That's why it's ridiculous that some people are sheep and only use apple products.

iOS and MacOS, have dozens of features that were first on Windows or Android and go unnoticed most of the time.

But when the same feature makes it to apple its so innovative. :mjlol:

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This thread is why I can't mess with Apple, and I feel bad for their consumers "what is fast charging" "Samsung uses old fast charging" Apple makes it where you can't stay up to date with tech and the benefits you can get, brehs are using old tech and paying a premium price and really don't even know it, Apple is still pushing 1080 displays on their iPhone 8, like really.