Hogwarts Legacy: Official thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is exactly why Horizon will always be mid to me as well. There is so much potential in that game wasted because they copied Ubisofts formula damn near to a T, it just has a way prettier coat of paint on its, but people shyt on Ubisoft games and praise that game like it's a masterpiece. Metro Exodus is fantastic at this, as much as I like Cyberpunk it isn't on the same level as Elden Ring or this as far as the actual world design is. For the most part combat and mission are how you are going to level. Exploration rewards you with superficial rewards.

Funny thing is Ubisoft has clearly shown they can make a great non cookie cutter filler filled game. Immortals Fenyx Rising was actually a good game and it had great game design and fulfilling gameplay. They just lazy as all fukking hell.
I liked immortals, but i don’t think it’s level design was that great. What is did good was offer a real sense of progression through gameplay. As your character got stronger you were able to access more parts of the world. But the world itself wasn’t very detailed or intricate.

Cyberpunk offered probably the most intricate “city” design in a game. Comparing cyberpunk city to something like GTA is night and day.

Where hogwarts castle feels like an entire game world within itself. Cyberpunk had multiple mini hogwarts spread out over its map.

The most standout thing for me in these games is they are “open world” and offer plenty of player agency, but if you just jumped in at any random point you’d assume they were a very linear directed experience.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
This game has been a breath of fresh air. I'm 32 hours in, sitting at level 31 and I have not gotten bored yet. There's so much shyt to do. I'm enjoying the sidequests so much that I be forgetting to continue the main story. My ass out here collecting Kneazle furs tryna upgrade my gear.

The Keepers looking for me to finish their quests and I'm in the room of requirement breeding Fwoopers drinking Butter Beers with my nikka Deek. I ain't never finishing that shyt. fukk them goblins. I'm tryna breed an army of Mooncalfs:blessed:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn can’t wait to play this from the comments…need to finish up MWII tho…taking a little bit longer to finish this than I expected…I’m pretty much done with the game tho…just have to diffuse the missile headed to chicago and that should probably be it

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished up the three character's side quests, which are definitely a highlight game. Hopefully the three will feature in the next game.

The proper ending being level 34 left a sour taste in my mouth - I finished on level 28.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Finished up the three character's side quests, which are definitely a highlight game. Hopefully the three will feature in the next game.

The proper ending being level 34 left a sour taste in my mouth - I finished on level 28.
I ain’t beat the game yet. Level 34 is the threshold for a special ending or something?

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
So I heard this had some trouble running smoothly on PC, is this fixed yet? Still itching to cop but might wait for a few patches