Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Raven Set :ufdup:
giphy.webp

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
One thing I like about this game and Elden Ring is that even though it is open world, they didn't forget actual level/world design. That's what makes these games stand out from other open world games. The open worlds of these games don't feel generic cut and paste shyt. Also them tying level progression into actual in game shyt besides combat and quests is great too. I actually want to finish my field guide because there are actual tangible rewards for doing so.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
One thing I like about this game and Elden Ring is that even though it is open world, they didn't forget actual level/world design. That's what makes these games stand out from other open world games. The open worlds of these games don't feel generic cut and paste shyt. Also them tying level progression into actual in game shyt besides combat and quests is great too. I actually want to finish my field guide because there are actual tangible rewards for doing so.
Facts. This is “next gen” open world design.

I feel like cyberpunk, and Metro did a good job at this as well. Next up is redfall. Those ubisoft style open worlds are :scust: at this point.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Facts. This is “next gen” open world design.

I feel like cyberpunk, and Metro did a good job at this as well. Next up is redfall. Those ubisoft style open worlds are :scust: at this point.
This is exactly why Horizon will always be mid to me as well. There is so much potential in that game wasted because they copied Ubisofts formula damn near to a T, it just has a way prettier coat of paint on its, but people shyt on Ubisoft games and praise that game like it's a masterpiece. Metro Exodus is fantastic at this, as much as I like Cyberpunk it isn't on the same level as Elden Ring or this as far as the actual world design is. For the most part combat and mission are how you are going to level. Exploration rewards you with superficial rewards.

Funny thing is Ubisoft has clearly shown they can make a great non cookie cutter filler filled game. Immortals Fenyx Rising was actually a good game and it had great game design and fulfilling gameplay. They just lazy as all fukking hell.