Hmm... Why dont "we" play LaCrosse?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
its not big in Baltimore City, but its big in Baltimore County..

its big in only a few jurisdictions in MD.

Yeah, I was going to say the samething, it's big out in the counties. But it's more popular than baseball here.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Living on Long Island and being a Lax head yes it can get expensive especially if you have to buy all the equipment yourself. I heard its getting more popular in the last couple of years it was always Long Island, Maryland, Virginia, parts of Cali, and Upstate New York oh and Canada. I heard places like Denver and shyt are getting into it the one place its having trouble picking up steam is down south i think that hurts it also the fact that not every school carries it which boggles my mind.

The funniest part about it is Lacrosse is probably most similar to basketball as a sport.

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
Whoever said was popular on campuses lied, alot of them dont even have lacrosse teams
Most of the more well known HBCUs (a) have lacrosse teams (b) are developing them/have at least a club team.

Morehouse
Morgan
Howard
Hampton

Also, note the use of the word "relatively" and it's context. It's a growing thing, of course. Within 5 years, I'd say at least 10 HBCU schools will have functioning lacrosse programs. All it takes is for the MEAC, CIAA, SWAC, etc. to get behind it. The MEAC will more than likely be the pioneer for that.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
STOP IT nikkaS SPEND MONEY ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT

HOW MANY TIMES U SEE nikkaS IN THE HOOD WITH JORDAN'S OR FOAMS
FOAMS START AT $220

Thats the older kids though......for a sport to become popular it has to start when the kids are real young.

The cost of the equiment isnt the #1 reason though....ppl in the city just dont want to play it. The more it takes to play a sport, the less popular it'll become.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
People bringing up money........not when I know some broke nikkas in high school who buy $200 pairs of Jordans for their school team, another pair for AAU, another pair just because, and not including how much they spend on clothes to impress these hoes. Like what someone else said we just not interested in playing lacrosse.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah, I was going to say the samething, it's big out in the counties. But it's more popular than baseball here.

Yeah, I think its big in every county in MD except PG County. THe problem is PG County and BMore city is where a huge chunk of the citizens in the state reside.

The only other big populated places its popular in are Montgomery County and BMore County, but yeah it is bigger than baseball in Maryland.

Schools provide equipment for football
no doubt, but they provide equipment for Lacrosse players too, if the school has the program.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
lax is a fun sport to play but just like soccer brothas aint checkin for it forreal. it isn't even introduced in a lot of states. i highly doubt there is 1 lax team in alabama. so it could be like that in many states. the sport has to get more popular before you can expect more blacks to play

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
[YOUTUBE]iQKYTKUJEs0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]9h79-f-XMMA[/YOUTUBE]

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
I always though lacrosse was more of a regional thing than a race thing. However, it kinda creeping in the South with the whites, tho.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I always though lacrosse was more of a regional thing than a race thing. However, it kinda creeping in the South with the whites, tho.

Yeah, I think its basically mid-Atlantic to Northeast thing. In MD there is a fair amount if black kids that play for the schools that actually have it. I know Meth said he used to play on the team in Long Island.....But if there are no nikkas on tv for kids to look up to like NBA/NFL stars, and no chicks would care at all if a dude was the best lacrosse player in the school I don't see it spreading among blacks that much.