Hmm... Why dont "we" play LaCrosse?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

:what:IM FROM CHICAGO, NOT BUFFALO.

:devil:
:evil:

:obama: true, but in no shape or form is buffalo richer than chicago :pachaha::noah:.

It depends on the school district honestly, because i remember our hockey team had to buy there own equipment :russ:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
1_Jim-Brown-Lacrosse.jpg
BROWN.JPG
Shut-up.jpg

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
I know of a lot of black lacrosse players, male and female alike. It's getting rather popular. I think it is relatively big amongst African-Americans in the mid-Atlantic region, and west coast, along with HBCU campuses as well.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
shyt isn't really that expensive like people are saying.

These are a bunch of Brownsville nigglets who play around my old way and are regularly beating teams.

Eagle-Academy-Lacrosse-Ocean-Hill-e1333719603379-555x455.jpg

Reminds me of me and my patnas back in middle school. We had this real cool social studies teacher who asked us if we knew anything about the sport and if we were interested in trying out. We got all of our friends to try out and we went toe to toe with the cac teams, which is saying a lot because it's pretty popular in CNY. We played from 7th grade until about 9th and most of us got into track after

All we had to do was get sticks and the school provided everything else. The sport is fun as hell and I think we would do very well at it. Only brother I can think of besides Jim Brown is Ira Vanderpool who played for SU years. You get nice enough and that's an easy (well easier than other sports) scholarship

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Reminds me of me and my patnas back in middle school. We had this real cool social studies teacher who asked us if we knew anything about the sport and if we were interested in trying out. We got all of our friends to try out and we went toe to toe with the cac teams, which is saying a lot because it's pretty popular in CNY. We played from 7th grade until about 9th and most of us got into track after

All we had to do was get sticks and the school provided everything else. The sport is fun as hell and I think we would do very well at it. Only brother I can think of besides Jim Brown is Ira Vanderpool who played for SU years. You get nice enough and that's an easy (well easier than other sports) scholarship

Exactly the reason why I'm getting my son into it.

My wife's nephew in that pic just received a partial scholarship to a boarding school in upstate New York due to playing Lacrosse.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
It isn't THAT much more expensive than football equipment, you don't have to get the top of the line gear. It's certainly too expensive for the lack of interest there is in the sport though. And every sport is a "white" sport so that shouldn't be an excuse

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Whoever said lacrosse was popular on HBCU campuses lied, alot of them dont even have lacrosse teams

As for the thread, fukk lacrosse. Our athletic abilities would better be utilized in soccer like our African brothers

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It isn't THAT much more expensive than football equipment, you don't have to get the top of the line gear. It's certainly too expensive for the lack of interest there is in the sport though. And every sport is a "white" sport so that shouldn't be an excuse

if there were lacrosse leagues in urban centers across America, I guarantee you would see more black people play. Lacrosse does not seem to have an interest in expanding to the urban community.