‘Hit Man’ (dir. by Richard Linklater, starring Glen Powell) | Netflix (6/7)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was ok for what is was. Seen it in the theater and saw it was produced by netflix which is what it felt like lol. Shorty was bad tho

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
It was ok for what is was. Seen it in the theater and saw it was produced by netflix which is what it felt like lol. Shorty was bad tho
Netflix bought this off the shelf for $20 Mil. It was shopped at all the film festivals and no one else wanted to buy it even though it got rave reviews.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching and thought it was an entertaining ride throughout. Took some turns I wasn't expecting, funnier than I anticipated.

Cool to see Adria Arjona get better roles with this and Andor recently. Another W for Glenn Powell after the success of Anyone But You at the box office.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I had this and the Fall Guy on deck today. I managed to finish this one.

This is the sort of movie that could have been a minor hit in the 90s, but nowadays this is made for TV/Straight to Home Video aka Streaming.

Main dude is kinda flat.
Latina chick is a decent actress
That part in the van with Indian dude and the heavy set sista... :dame:

That ending? Sherlock Holmes hated blackmailers more than murderers...I guess?

I was entertained. Matinee/stay at home type movie, which is what it was.

The diner scene threw me off - cause I'm like - didn't he send that dude to jail...it wasn't until later that I realized he was the disgraced cop.

I am ashamed to fall victim to

"All you people look alike to me"

Happened earlier today with this short

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I was entertained…idk what yall talking about. Good sexual chemistry between the two mains…funny shyt with the hitman costumes (reminded me of pinapple express act 1). And the twist / escalation in the last 30 min was great. Glen Powell is a damn star, dude reminded me of brad pitt in mr & mrs smith.

I could’ve used more out of Jasper (a different actor would’ve knocked it out of the park) but thats my only note.

B+

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Not that I am "outraged" or even critical, but just looking at the movies treatment of race is interesting. Arjona is clearly latin, and her character doesn't have to scream she is from Mexico, (or wherever) or her family is, whatever, but not only do they give her a VERY white name, her ethnicity is never remarked on. I do know ALOT of pretty "white washed" Mexican women, but even they, up close and personal, are going to nod at their background.
In real life most people of any race don’t ACT like the stereotypes of that race…that is actually genuine to me

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I was entertained…idk what yall talking about. Good sexual chemistry between the two mains…funny shyt with the hitman costumes (reminded me of pinapple express act 1). And the twist / escalation in the last 30 min was great. Glen Powell is a damn star, dude reminded me of brad pitt in mr & mrs smith.

I could’ve used more out of Jasper (a different actor would’ve knocked it out of the park) but thats my only note.

B+
Where to start:
A: no real stakes
B. Who the hell killed the ex-husband, was it Jasper, that dude overtalk which was my main problem with the character, I get he was meant to be a pain in the ass but still...

B2: was the Latin chick? You feel good sleeping next to that every night, a known killer.

The rest is just nitpick stuff that I just didn't like, can I not be in love with the film?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Where to start:
A: no real stakes
B. Who the hell killed the ex-husband, was it Jasper, that dude overtalk which was my main problem with the character, I get he was meant to be a pain in the ass but still...

B2: was the Latin chick? You feel good sleeping next to that every night, a known killer.

The rest is just nitpick stuff that I just didn't like, can I not be in love with the film?
A. The stakes where whether or not Doug’s entire ruse with a woman who has the capacity to hire a hitman got exposed. Then, it was whether their share lie / ruse would get exposed by the cops…which is a life sentence.

B. Jasper? He didnt kill anyone…wtf were you watching fam? Madison killed him….she was asking Ron about how to kill him slicky the the entire movie. She got into the relationship originally to get Ron to kill her husband and then to figure out how to do it. Thats why she went to Virgo because she knew the husband would be there and there would be a conflict…

Like whatever you want but the criticisms here were kinda nonsense to me

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
A. The stakes where whether or not Doug’s entire ruse with a woman who has the capacity to hire a hitman got exposed. Then, it was whether their share lie / ruse would get exposed by the cops…which is a life sentence.

B. Jasper? He didnt kill anyone…wtf were you watching fam? Madison killed him….she was asking about how to kill him slicky the the entire movie. She got into the relationship originally to get Ron to kill her husband and then to figure out how to do it.

Like whatever you want but the criticisms here were kinda nonsense to me
Ok dude.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Up there with 95 Hayek. 97 Cruz. 98 Lopez and 16 de Armas in this :noah:
I would fully commit murder for her. Her scene near the end with Glenn where they’re both acting within acting was priceless.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Solid movie reminded me of some 90s shyt. Adria Arjona is hot af and Glen Powell is a good actor he really carried this.