Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We can't keep 4th rbs and 6th WR unfortunately and who going to get rid of draft picks over FA unless its a superior difference and not always then. Y'all got stop that cause if it worked like that same people would be bytching they can't draft for shyt. Can't wait for the regular season so we can talk about the games instead of sillyness.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
We can't keep 4th rbs and 6th WR unfortunately and who going to get rid of draft picks over FA unless its a superior difference and not always then. Y'all got stop that cause if it worked like that same people would be bytching they can't draft for shyt. Can't wait for the regular season so we can talk about the games instead of sillyness.
Exactly. Williams did show flashes but he's expandable. 3rd Rb that can't play special teams, you're gonna get beat out. It's not like he's light years ahead of Randle either.

Cut your 5th round draft pick for a dude who was just a body in came.

:dead: @ the thought of reading, "We coulda used Bryd here" during the regular season :dead:
I cant think of anyone right now who is better than him except melton :laff:
Selvie too

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. Williams did show flashes but he's expandable. 3rd Rb that can't play special teams, you're gonna get beat out. It's not like he's light years ahead of Randle either.

Cut your 5th round draft pick for a dude who was just a body in came.

:dead: @ the thought of reading, "We coulda used Bryd here" during the regular season :dead:

Selvie too
Yea idk why all the complaining. Most fans think we aint gna be shyt this yr anyways, yet theyre rueing us cutting some jags that wont even see the field.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Williams had no shot. He would've been a nice backup but Dunbar had that on lockdown. All he did was push Randle which isn't a bad thing.

Scandrick will be missed though :snoop:

Dunbar better show more besides speed and questionable hands. I don't understand why Heath is still on the team, all i remember from him is AD carrying him and 2 other Cowboys into the end zone.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I honestly don't understand how Williams got cut over Dunbar...Dunbar is a terrible running back...to small...somehow bad in space ( it is mind boggling how he can get into open space and just got popped by any random linebacker or safety near him )...pass blocking is atrocious....I am 100% certain that the play that ends Tony Romo career will involve Dunbar missing or getting blown up on a blocking assignment...

Meanwhile Williams is better in space...pass protected better this preseason than I seen Dunbar do in his entire career...

I mean...I sort of view it as if Demarco goes down, then just throw the ball 60 times a game

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I honestly don't understand how Williams got cut over Dunbar...Dunbar is a terrible running back...to small...somehow bad in space ( it is mind boggling how he can get into open space and just got popped by any random linebacker or safety near him )...pass blocking is atrocious....I am 100% certain that the play that ends Tony Romo career will involve Dunbar missing or getting blown up on a blocking assignment...

Meanwhile Williams is better in space...pass protected better this preseason than I seen Dunbar do in his entire career...

I mean...I sort of view it as if Demarco goes down, then just throw the ball 60 times a game

Dunbar is more of a Darren Sproles type back. Williams is a feature back and basically does the same thing Murray does. It came down to the third back. Randle was drafted last year and he's younger so it would be hard to give up on him that fast. And he's already use to playing special teams. Williams isn't. If he passes the waiver wire it will speak to how other teams view him.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dunbar is more of a Darren Sproles type back. Williams is a feature back and basically does the same thing Murray does. It came down to the third back. Randle was drafted last year and he's younger so it would be hard to give up on him that fast. And he's already use to playing special teams. Williams isn't. If he passes the waiver wire it will speak to how other teams view him.

Dunbar has never made a Darren Sproles play in his entire career.

And we need a feature back because Murray WILL get hurt and miss a few games...that is the problem with the cowboys...they got dunbar who is a strict "see if he can break a screen pass every now and then" running back at the no 2...then Murray get hurt...and now we got to give the ball to him maybe 15 or 20 times when Dunbar should never ever...ever...be touching the ball more than 10 times a game...

That is the exact reason why I think we should have taken williams over those other guys...because I saw enough of williams in the preseason to believe he can be a feature back for 3 or 4 games...and that is all we need out of our no 2 back.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Dunbar has never made a Darren Sproles play in his entire career.

And we need a feature back because Murray WILL get hurt and miss a few games...that is the problem with the cowboys...they got dunbar who is a strict "see if he can break a screen pass every now and then" running back at the no 2...then Murray get hurt...and now we got to give the ball to him maybe 15 or 20 times when Dunbar should never ever...ever...be touching the ball more than 10 times a game...

That is the exact reason why I think we should have taken williams over those other guys...because I saw enough of williams in the preseason to believe he can be a feature back for 3 or 4 games...and that is all we need out of our no 2 back.

Williams has a more extensive injury history than Murray and Dunbar combined. I'm a va tech fan so I was rooting for williams to make the team but it doesn't matter. I'm good with what Dallas has at running back. I'm more worried about the defense. And as long as the offensive line does it's job the running backs will do their thing.