Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Honestly, we could take any 2nd stringer in the league and make him run for 1200 and 10 TDs.

If Murray misses the Colts game and we lose, his absence won't be the reason we lost. It'll be due to our defense giving up 400 yards to Andrew Luck and/or Romo turning the ball over. Indy can't run the ball. All they do is pass. They're one of the most one-dimensional teams in football right now. Luckily for them they have a top 7 QB and weapons on the outside.

Like you said, the health of the oline is far more important than Murray suiting up this coming Sunday.
They said that same shyt when Emmitt held out too and if you old enough you remember how that worked out. Until it happens I'm not believing we got some Denver system out here.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They said that same shyt when Emmitt held out too and if you old enough you remember how that worked out. Until it happens I'm not believing we got some Denver system out here.
Who was the backup then? Sherman Williams? :skip:

I think Randle and Dunbar are lightyears better than that plug. Randle could run effectively behind this line if need be. Romo is a top tier playaction QB, and with Dez and Witten he should have running room.

On the few plays Murray's been spelled this season, there hasn't been much of a dropoff. Neither RB has the elite skillset Murray possesses, but it's not a terrible gap, either.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The difference is when Randle has gotten an opportunity he's looked very explosive behind this line. Murray is the better overall back, but Randle is faster & has better cut moves and can take it to the house.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Who was the backup then? Sherman Williams? :skip:

I think Randle and Dunbar are lightyears better than that plug. Randle could run effectively behind this line if need be. Romo is a top tier playaction QB, and with Dez and Witten he should have running room.
Yep good ole Sherman lol. I agree but I need to see it long term not in short spurts remember Julius? Even though most will get their I never fukked with him on some I never listened to vanilla ice flow I remember tons of dudes (me included) that half a season he played killing it. That's why I'm like I need to see it first that's all.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The difference is when Randle has gotten an opportunity he's looked very explosive behind this line. Murray is the better overall back, but Randle is faster & has better cut moves and can take it to the house.
Long term man long term because if dude start not doing his thing cats will act like they never said this before. Maybe not you but Ive saw it too many times for me not to look skeptical when people do it. I do agree he's did his thing but I need to see it when he the one cats trying to stop

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It doesn't really matter who is in the backfield this week, the Colts run defense is horrible...as long as we stick to the run we will be fine.

And at least for the next two games I am not worried about Free being hurt or not playing...colts and skins don't have a very good pass rush...and I know the skins brought the heat to romo the first game...but the eagles outplayed our line in the first game and we dominated them last night and I expect us to do the same in Washington...

What I am worried about is Martin...Him and Frederick combined have just been destroying people all year and if Martin can't go then that is going to be a much bigger problem for the run game than who the running back is...

I guess Martin injury explains why we ran so many stretch plays cause the Eagles was just sitting on them shyts and I was like :upsetfavre:"just run behind Frederick and Martin like we been doing all year"

Colts can't run the ball and they can't stop the run...

I am more worried about Fleener working us over the middle than I am TY Hilton...we've played those small quick receivers pretty good this year...

We haven't been playing well at home but I'd be pretty surprised if we lose to the colts...who already clinched their division by the way and are playing for nothing...

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is over the cap accounting for the cap increase this coming summer or nah

Yup: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Yall are either releasing guys or taking one more dead money.
LZboSvN.png

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL. But that boy ended a season with 993 yards one year cause Jerry had an incentive that kicked in once he hit 1K.

Now you're talking about million dollars per sack.

IDK :patrice:
If there was an incentive for a million a sack Melton would have ten sacks by now. Jerry ain't holdin that nigguh back.

I said the same thing about carter last Season.

That offensive piñon Williams should've been a catch by Williams. He had the position. He should've you his body to shield the all from defender and made that catch. I felt like he really had no intention of catching that ball. Just wanted the flag.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
If there was an incentive for a million a sack Melton would have ten sacks by now. Jerry ain't holdin that nigguh back.

I said the same thing about carter last Season.

That offensive piñon Williams should've been a catch by Williams. He had the position. He should've you his body to shield the all from defender and made that catch. I felt like he really had no intention of catching that ball. Just wanted the flag.
The flag or a catch doesn't matter to me, we still got the ball at the same spot :stopitslime:

And Melton's seen a reduction in PT since the Jacksonville game (3.5 sacks in two games before that)

Corrected on his incentive but here it is anyway

Melton has five sacks on the season. With one more sack, he will pocket a $250,000 incentive. He will get $500,000 for seven sacks and $750,000 for eight sacks

I just don't see how he's riding pine with Hayden out there. Unless he's still not all the way healthy