Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
ayy.
Any chance colts will rest some players sunday? they in the playoffs with or without a W sunday.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I wonder what kind of shape Ray Rice is in :patrice:

So a few things from the game.

-Wilcox finally made himself a presence on defense.
-Bruce Carter has horrible instincts. Dude reminds me of a more athletic Brady James.
-Just targeting Williams opens up the offense. 2 huge PI calls and the one against him was BS (all hands on the first play of the game btw :shaq )
-That Romo spin :wow:
-Witten came out hungry
-Ain't a fan of Randle's antics but that dude can run the ball. I wish we would spell Murray more.
-Dez is Dez
-Hayden is absolutely trash. Did anyone peep the play he got cleared out to open the whole?
he stared off as a DT and got pushed to the outside like he was tryna stop a sweep, knocking down other dlinemen in the process.

It seems like contract incentives got Melton riding pine, I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised because I remember us shutting down Julius Jones for similar reasons.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It seems like contract incentives got Melton riding pine, I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised because I remember us shutting down Julius Jones for similar reasons.
Man it's hard for me to believe Jerry would sit someone who was playing as good as Melton was because he's scared to pay him. Jerry wouldn't sacrifice good play on the field for money. Plus Melton is only like 27.
Julius jones was a bum. Dude always ran toward tackles:pacspit:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Man it's hard for me to believe Jerry would sit someone who was playing as good as Melton was because he's scared to pay him. Jerry wouldn't sacrifice good play on the field for money. Plus Melton is only like 27.
Julius jones was a bum. Dude always ran toward tackles:pacspit:
LOL. But that boy ended a season with 993 yards one year cause Jerry had an incentive that kicked in once he hit 1K.

Now you're talking about million dollars per sack.

IDK :patrice:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I wonder what kind of shape Ray Rice is in :patrice:

So a few things from the game.

-Wilcox finally made himself a presence on defense.
-Bruce Carter has horrible instincts. Dude reminds me of a more athletic Brady James.
-Just targeting Williams opens up the offense. 2 huge PI calls and the one against him was BS (all hands on the first play of the game btw :shaq )
-That Romo spin :wow:
-Witten came out hungry
-Ain't a fan of Randle's antics but that dude can run the ball. I wish we would spell Murray more.
-Dez is Dez
-Hayden is absolutely trash. Did anyone peep the play he got cleared out to open the whole?
he stared off as a DT and got pushed to the outside like he was tryna stop a sweep, knocking down other dlinemen in the process.

I agree with most of what you said, however Bruce Carter actually has really good instincts it's just his consistency that's a problem. Hayden is just a body out there and if Brent could've played he would've taken the snaps Hayden gets. Wilcox is getting better and that int was very impressive, it didn't look spectacular but i don't think people get how difficult that was.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
No matter how we do from here on out, we won't be picking higher than 18th overall. Could be as low as mid 20s.

I haven't been following NCAA that much this year. Are there good front 7 prospects this year? Is this a deep dline draft? How them safeties looking?

I know this season is still going on, and it's a big moment for us. But I can't help but look forward to next season. Ultimately I think we resign Dez to a contract similar to whatever Denver and Demaryius agree to, and franchise Demarco next year and the year after. Abuse his body, then let him walk after he's damaged goods in 2017.

Assuming we do that, it might be difficult to resign Rolando McClain. Hopefully we can lowball him on some "look, every other team is afraid you'll quit football again, so shut up and take this money" type of shyt. With the oline the way it is and the resurgence of Romo and Witten, I think we can start building a really nice defense by spending 3 of our top 4 picks on D for the next few years.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
And while we're at it, why don't you nigggas go ahead and post how scared your are of facing the Colts :dry:
I'll hold off on saying it when I heard the news on Martin and Free which is potentially bigger news than losing Murray. If those two are good especially Martin, than I'm fine with Randall and Dunbar running the football.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'll hold off on saying it when I heard the news on Martin and Free which is potentially bigger news than losing Murray. If those two are good especially Martin, than I'm fine with Randall and Dunbar running the football.
Honestly, we could take any 2nd stringer in the league and make him run for 1200 and 10 TDs.

If Murray misses the Colts game and we lose, his absence won't be the reason we lost. It'll be due to our defense giving up 400 yards to Andrew Luck and/or Romo turning the ball over. Indy can't run the ball. All they do is pass. They're one of the most one-dimensional teams in football right now. Luckily for them they have a top 7 QB and weapons on the outside.

Like you said, the health of the oline is far more important than Murray suiting up this coming Sunday.