Hit 88 & we go back in time like the DeLorean: Offical '14-15 Dallas Cowboys Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was his best game as a pro so far. He was very active. I graded him as the third best lineman behind Melton and Mincey. He showed a lot of power, pushing Oher into the QB several times. If Hayden doesn't accidentally trip him on a stunt then he probably has a sack. I thought he was also very stout in the run game. I like Crawford. He doesn't have a lot of pass rush moves but we just need to be patient with him b/c this is pretty much his rookie year.
Yeah i say low expectations for the dline and said I would be patient and I'm happy so far with the performance or should I say not disappointed but I'm just looking to see who makes the jump and become the standout on our line. We basically have a dline by committee. It's weird after having watch ware for a decade not to watch a line with at least one all pro pass rushers. I can't wait to see our first 4 sack game. The game is just so fun to watch when the trenches is dominating and being destructive.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Yeah i say low expectations for the dline and said I would be patient and I'm happy so far with the performance or should I say not disappointed but I'm just looking to see who makes the jump and become the standout on our line. We basically have a dline by committee. It's weird after having watch ware for a decade not to watch a line with at least one all pro pass rushers. I can't wait to see our first 4 sack game. The game is just so fun to watch when the trenches is dominating and being destructive.
Just wait till Spencer and D-Law come back. :banderas:

IMO Mincey has been the pleasant surprise, Selvie has been disappointing. I don't know if Selvie's injury is bothering him but we really need more from him. That dline performance isn't going to beat Brees on turf. We need sacks like you said.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Selvie was a starter last season and then got benched after a good comeback season. He might be bothered by that. Benched by depth player at that when he showed he could be more.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Selvie was a starter last season and then got benched after a good comeback season. He might be bothered by that. Benched by depth player at that when he showed he could be more.
Yeah Crawford looks like he's passed him at LE. But let's not forget Selvie was a scrub before he came to Dallas last year, he has no reason to be an ego. I think he's just coming back to earth without having Ware on the other side.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs I was researching some stats while I was at work and I was looking over the 2008 stats. What really went wrong that season? Did you know we were actually statically a better team defensively that year than 2009. We had 60 sacks in 2008. A team should not have 60 sacks and miss the playoffs. The only biggest difference i remember from watching in 2009 was the emergence of

- mike Jenkins( I don't know what happened that year. I suspect ped cuz that was the best cb Performance I've seen ever in my in my near 20 years as a cowboy fan and that in musky seeing Deion. My memories of Deion in a cowboys uniform seem to revolve around turf teo and missd games.

- Ratliff had his best year in 2009

- the only other big improvement I remember from 08 to 09 was going from Zack Thomas to Keith brookings. Brookings was just nasty. And his gap responsibility was incredible. Only Sean Lee has done the job better. I remember sack thimas being horrible at his gap responsibility. He was the main culprit for allowing the ravens to break two longs run win the final game at Texas stadium.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Brehs I was researching some stats while I was at work and I was looking over the 2008 stats. What really went wrong that season? Did you know we were actually statically a better team defensively that year than 2009. We had 60 sacks in 2008. A team should not have 60 sacks and miss the playoffs. The only biggest difference i remember from watching in 2009 was the emergence of

- mike Jenkins( I don't know what happened that year. I suspect ped cuz that was the best cb Performance I've seen ever in my in my near 20 years as a cowboy fan and that in musky seeing Deion. My memories of Deion in a cowboys uniform seem to revolve around turf teo and missd games.

- the only other big improvement I remember from 08 to 09 was going from Zack Thomas to Keith brookings. Brookings was just nasty. And his gap responsibility was incredible. Only Sean Lee has done the job better. I remember sack thimas being horrible at his gap responsibility. He was the main culprit for allowing the ravens to break two longs run win the final game at Texas stadium.

The Romo pinky injury killed us. Brad Johnson wasn't throwing the ball more than 10 yds down the field and we lost 2 of the 3 games he started. Killed the early momentum from the 3-0 start.

We had some fluky L's and bad karma that year. Arizona game, lost on a blocked punt. Dominated the Steelers the entire game then choked it away with Romo pick in the 4th quarter. The last game at Texas Stadium. SMH we had some opportunities to get to 10 wins and avoid that last game with Philly. I will never forgive them for the last loss in TS.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Romo pinky injury killed us. Brad Johnson wasn't throwing the ball more than 10 yds down the field and we lost 2 of the 3 games we started. Killed the early momentum from the 3-0 start.

We had some fluky L's and bad karma that year. Arizona game, lost on a blocked punt. Dominated the Steelers the entire game then choked it away with Romo pick in the 4th quarter. The last game at Texas Stadium. SMH we had some opportunities to get to 10 wins and avoid that last game with Philly. I will never forgive them for the last loss in TS.
yung I live in BMore so I have to hear about the TS closing all the fukking time. They talked about that more than their Super Bowl.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
yung I live in BMore so I have to hear about the TS closing all the fukking time. They talked about that more than their Super Bowl.
fukking losers did that in front of 100+ ex-Cowboy greats. EVERYBODY was there. Include Irvin who said he was inconsolable after the game. That's honestly when I started being so negative about that group of players. They were dead to me after that night.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
@dtownreppin214 No homo at them pics you posted.

:heh: @ not knowing T-Will was a superb blocker.

And yes, McClain needs to miss this game.

Orlando back! :gladbron: :beli:

Ain't no team in their right mind selling out to stop the run and forcing Romo to beat them. The thought of one on one jump balls with Dez and T-Will running pass nigggas. Too easy. Ain't nobody that dumb. Best you can hope for is Murray gettin his 5+ a pop and us not getting down early and feeling the need to reply on the passing game.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
The Romo pinky injury killed us. Brad Johnson wasn't throwing the ball more than 10 yds down the field and we lost 2 of the 3 games he started. Killed the early momentum from the 3-0 start.

That whole stretch of games were disgusting to watch:snoop:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the season that ended in Philly when we got blown the fukk out right? Really think that whole stretch effectively killed my fandom:heh:

That god damn Steeler game was painful:mjcry:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records

Few things happened with one of them being Jason Garretts offense being predictable as hell. That was the year Ray Lewis said they knew everything we eere about to run presnap. Romo got hurt that year and the defense didn't come alive until the week romo came back for the skins game. Also our momentum got killed when we lost to the steelers after being up until the 4th. This sprung the infamous "meeting" of TO and Craytin going to Garrett claiming romo was only throwing to witten. Also pacman got suspended for fighting his security guard and jerry panicked and gave up the 1st 3rd and 6th for Roy E Williams. Yeah that year sucked. The defense was statistically better in 2009 by the way. I even recall beating the skins 7-6 :bryan:

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Only week 3, but this is a big game. Being 1-2 with the Saints,Houston and Seattle up next, would be digging too much of a hole.

Still mad the Colts choked against Philly. Up 7 with the ball in fg territory, 5 minutes left, should have won.