History of how Haitian immigration transformed and revolutionized Louisiana's AA population

Daps
Most Black people from Louisiana were taken there during the Slave trade from other Southern States. They were sold down the Mississippi River from places like North Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee to plantations in Louisiana and Mississippi. Which is where we get the "phrase sold down the river" from.

The conditions in Mississippi and Louisiana were much harsher and the slave owners were much poorer and much more ignorant than in the other States; that the slaves were taken from which is why the slaves dreaded being sold down river and going into those States.

Btw, not all the Black people in New Orleans were from Haiti. France lay claim to New Orleans since it's founding in 1718. Most of the slaves belonged to the French that had plantations in and around New Orleans; rather than Haitians that were bought there by other French slave owners during the Haitian Revolution.

1)where are the receipts for the bolded?

2)acknowledging the obvious significant imprint Haitian immigration had on black Louisianians(from the Southern region/ New Orleans area in particular) isn't saying all black Louisianians are Haitian :stopitslime:reality is whether you like it or not Haiti made a great impact on many black Louisianians culture and genetic background:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
The word Voodoo in new orleans is an all encompassing term for various african spiritual practices, as noted the most revered voduist the city had ever known the "father of new orleans voodoo" who the queen of new orleans voodoo "marie laveau" studied under was a bambara man.
Haitians and New Orleans voodoo isn't the demonic primitive form(which includes human sacrifice) likely created by witch/warlock Illuminati cacs and practiced by uncivilized juju bush nikka cultist in Africa right:usure:

Daps
this makes no sense. Im AA im still a part of AA culture and all my extended family are from the south:francis:
that's like saying me being an AA from the South makes me an authority on the Harlem Renaissance:comeon: ...so when did you get your degree in AA history and what makes you a more reputable source than the professional scholars whom created that analysis on Haiti and black Louisianians deep ties:stopitslime:

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
that's like saying me being an AA from the South makes me an authority on the Harlem Renaissance:comeon: ...so when did you get your degree in AA history and what makes you a more reputable source than the professional scholars whom created that analysis on Haiti and black Louisianians deep ties:stopitslime:
even if you were born and raised in harlem doesnt necessarily make you an authority on the harlem renaissance. Only brehs in the south know aa culture to you:mindblown:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1)where are the receipts for the bolded?

2)acknowledging the obvious significant imprint Haitian immigration had on black Louisianians(from the Southern region/ New Orleans area in particular) isn't saying all black Louisianians are Haitian :stopitslime:reality is whether you like it or not Haiti made a great impact on many black Louisianians culture and genetic background:yeshrug:

1. American history. Try reading some.

2. The French already had slaves in Louisiana long before the slaves were bought in from Haiti.

Daps
even if you were born and raised in harlem doesnt necessarily make you an authority on the harlem renaissance. Only brehs in the south know aa culture to you:mindblown:
i'm saying i'm skeptical your position was gained through scholastic study on AA history and i'm sensing a subtle bias against Haitians which even further skews your views on the topic.:mjpls:

Daps
1. American history. Try reading some.

2. The French already had slaves in Louisiana long before the slaves were bought in from Haiti.
1) so you have none
2) where have i ever implied otherwise and how does that refute the argument of the thread topic:comeon:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1) so you have none
2) where have i ever implied otherwise and how does that refute the argument of the thread topic:comeon:

1. American history would be a good place to start. New Orleans was America's largest slave market before the Civil War. Over 1 million slaves were sold through that market.
Slave trade: The Times-Picayune covers 175 years of New Orleans history
THNOC » Purchased Lives: New Orleans and the Domestic Slave Trade, 1808–1865
Domestic Slave Markets | New Orleans Historical

Have you ever wondered why there are so many Black people in Louisiana with English surnames? Or why there are so many people in Mississippi with French surnames? Have you ever read "Uncle Tom's Cabin" and figured out where the slaves were being sold down river too? A lot of the slaves that were sent from up river came through the Louisville Slave markets.

What Does 'Sold Down The River' Really Mean? The Answer Isn't Pretty
The Second Middle Passage | African American History Blog | The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross
Slave trade in New Orleans was a thriving business

Daps
are you haitian?
what difference does it make to you. shyt is weird as fukk:why:
as a black Louisianian I wouldn't be surprised if their blood is running through my veins but not that i know of:yeshrug:what's your complex with Hatians? you one of them infamous Haitian hating NY Dominic00ns i've head about:usure:

Daps
He is always trying to connect AAs to other groups of Black people to discredit our history and culture.
so connecting AAs to our ancestral roots is discrediting AA history:childplease:I would expect nothing less from a mulatto supremacist fakkit whom exaggerates AAs cac admixture to feel better about himself:camby:

Daps
1. American history would be a good place to start. New Orleans was America's largest slave market before the Civil War. Over 1 million slaves were sold through that market.
Slave trade: The Times-Picayune covers 175 years of New Orleans history
THNOC » Purchased Lives: New Orleans and the Domestic Slave Trade, 1808–1865
Domestic Slave Markets | New Orleans Historical

Have you ever wondered why there are so many Black people in Louisiana with English surnames? Or why there are so many people in Mississippi with French surnames? Have you ever read "Uncle Tom's Cabin" and figured out where the slaves were being sold down river too? A lot of the slaves that were sent from up river came through the Louisville Slave markets.

What Does 'Sold Down The River' Really Mean? The Answer Isn't Pretty
The Second Middle Passage | African American History Blog | The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross
Slave trade in New Orleans was a thriving business
1)even considering all that i'm sure New Orleans was a big slave port itself and thus wouldn't require many slaves imported from other states:yeshrug:

2)maybe because America is a predominately English speaking country and former colony Alex:comeon:..Louisiana blacks and those with ties to the state outside of recent Haitian immigrants are most known for black populations with French/creoles last names for obvious reasons:martin:

Last edited: