Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Glorification of murder and violence is an America thing.

Motherfukkers in Vietnam use to swap pics of them murking and shooting up Vietnamese/Vietcong and vice versa.

Mobsters and Mafiosos were treated like celebrities and influencers with front page excerpts on their activities being secondary

Such a basic, surface level understanding of this issue and where does this Complex.com Corben Bleu looking fruit cup go to whine why nobody fukking with his wack ass projects?

Vlad.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Glorification of murder and violence is an America thing.

Motherfukkers in Vietnam use to swap pics of them murking and shooting up Vietnamese/Vietcong and vice versa.

Mobsters and Mafiosos were treated like celebrities and influencers with front page excerpts on their activities being secondary

Such a basic, surface level understanding of this issue and where does this Complex.com Corben Bleu looking fruit cup go to whine why nobody fukking with his wack ass projects?

Vlad.
This is not Vlad. Nice jump out the window :francis:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
him n mysone should do an album together.....

First week sales projections ......

donut-with-sprinkles-isolated.jpg

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get what he's saying but every genre of music not specifically targeting religion, has a wide spectrum of topics it covers in a myriad of ways.

The problem with hip hop and today's R&B is that the worst aspects is pushed so the so-called artists keep aiming for that instead of holding onto and innovating what it was.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Violent video games. Violent movies. Religion. History itself.

There's even a genre of movies where lunatics kill innocent people in various, ever more brutal ways. Horror.

No one ever takes Steven King to task for writing all this horrible shyt. Or Al Pacino for portraying all this horrible shyt.

Hip Hop has become war music. In context with the rest of the things I listed before, it fits right in. And it's okay from a purely objective standpoint.

The problem with it is our youth take it too seriously and end up emulating the music. And in more and more cases these days, making music about actual murders.

That is certainly a huge problem, but it's not a reason to demonize the artform. Unless we're ready to banish Tarantino and Mortal Kombat and Nerf guns.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Violent video games. Violent movies. Religion. History itself.

There's even a genre of movies where lunatics kill innocent people in various, ever more brutal ways. Horror.

No one ever takes Steven King to task for writing all this horrible shyt. Or Al Pacino for portraying all this horrible shyt.

Hip Hop has become war music. In context with the rest of the things I listed before, it fits right in. And it's okay from a purely objective standpoint.

The problem with it is our youth take it too seriously and end up emulating the music. And in more and more cases these days, making music about actual murders.

That is certainly a huge problem, but it's not a reason to demonize the artform. Unless we're ready to banish Tarantino and Mortal Kombat and Nerf guns.
Al Pacino any time he's not on set pretending to be Tony Montana - Harmless articulate nice guy who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Average rapper - Plays hard at all times, downplays his intelligence to seem cool, or like some super thug, despite it being a partial or even complete lie

Someone like Rick Ross - Hasn't broken character in over 15 years and would still have you believe he was a notorious drug lord, despite endless evidence to the contrary.

They are not the same.

Daps
i'm glad he spoke the whole truth

"right now okay so first I think we
we we uh we need to acknowledge the
positivity inside of Hip Hop because
there are people there's people for a
long time who have been fighting against
the evil and against the negativity and
Shining a bright light inside of hip-hop
uh hip hop has been you know the form of
a lot of people being able to do a lot
of good in this world because of hip-hop" - Dee-1

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Al Pacino any time he's not on set pretending to be Tony Montana - Harmless articulate nice guy who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Average rapper - Plays hard at all times, downplays his intelligence to seem cool, or like some super thug, despite it being a partial or even complete lie

Someone like Rick Ross - Hasn't broken character in over 15 years and would still have you believe he was a notorious drug lord, despite endless evidence to the contrary.

They are not the same.

I agree with what you wrote.

I'd classify the actual problem as individuals bleeding the art into real life. Or at least pretending to really be that character.

I wouldnt want to stop Ross from making Aston Martin Music, or be stopped from listening to it. Although the constant fronting is shameful.