Hip Hop Is Dead... How Nasir's Battle Cry Helped Save An Artform

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
it was the album that gave away the how to be a credible sellout emcee formula.
which, violated the exact principles the knights of the Templar of rap.
who put him on fought to keep intact in the new school way of thought.
which was brought on by his own failure to keep his show commitments.
plus, provide the added pr and appearances for illmatic.
if nas, would have kept it true.
hiphop would not be in the state it is in, period.

art barr
Breh,I'm gonna list a few songs and you tell me which ones hurt hip hop
Take it in blood
Shootouts
The message
I gave you power
Black girl lost
Live nikka rap
:popcorn:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It was so funny seeing the South taking this so personally. LOL @ "Hip Hop isn't dead it lives in the South". Stop it Luda. LOL. Ironically Luda repented for his sins against NaS and they dropped that do song "I do it for Hip Hop":

Not just Luda either. Even Big Boi fell for the okie doke:snoop:

"But everybody is entitled to their own opinion," he repeated. "Some people take offense to certain things. If you know you that n---a on the mic and know what you do ... sh--, Dre 3000 said hip-hop was dead how many years ago? It's whatever it meant to him. It wasn't exciting him. Everybody got their own opinion. But we f--- with Nas. If he meant it in a disrespectful way, that'll get dealt with too."

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/121806/

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It was so funny seeing the South taking this so personally. LOL @ "Hip Hop isn't dead it lives in the South". Stop it Luda. LOL. Ironically Luda repented for his sins against NaS and they dropped that do song "I do it for Hip Hop":

"But everybody is entitled to their own opinion," he repeated. "Some people take offense to certain things. If you know you that n---a on the mic and know what you do ... sh--, Dre 3000 said hip-hop was dead how many years ago? It's whatever it meant to him. It wasn't exciting him. Everybody got their own opinion. But we f--- with Nas. If he meant it in a disrespectful way, that'll get dealt with too."

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind

I remember that cause I was thinking why would he self ether himself. He had just admitted 3000 said it first:dead:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

:hhh::ahh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I kinda want to make a thread asking if ANY rappers get other rappers more in their feelings than Nas and Jay. Nas had entire regions of the country pressed about HHID, not to mention the mental anguish he put various rappers through (Jay, Mega, Nature, P, Nore, etc) like a disappointed father.

And Hov been getting rappers AND singers upset as he (attempts to) cancel trends or outright disrespects their very existence. T-Pain, R Kelly, Future, young nikkas who still wear jerseys, 50, and especially Game.
:ahh::huhldup::mjgrin:

Headcase

The Angry Young Man
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I've always considered "Hip-Hop is Dead" to be Nas' best album not named "Illmatic." Sure there are a couple of flaws (he REALLY shouldn't have done the Edward G Robinson voice on "Who Killed it"), but the rest of the album ranks among Nas' best material.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I kinda want to make a thread asking if ANY rappers get other rappers more in their feelings than Nas and Jay. Nas had entire regions of the country pressed about HHID, not to mention the mental anguish he put various rappers through (Jay, Mega, Nature, P, Nore, etc) like a disappointed father.

And Hov been getting rappers AND singers upset as he (attempts to) cancel trends or outright disrespects their very existence. T-Pain, R Kelly, Future, young nikkas who still wear jerseys, 50, and especially Game.
:ahh::huhldup::mjgrin:

make the thread...it could be interesting:mjgrin:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
hip-hop has gotten even worse since then.

and nas is collaborating with wack rappers left & right, in hopes of regaining relevance outside of his die-hards.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Killer Mike is from the south and said he wanted credit for saying it first but Nas got all the credit and praise.