Hierarchy of Suit brands (According to Me)

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
This is what you have to understand , luxury suit brands and bespoke tailors use premium fabric mills like Holland and Sherry , Loro Plana, Scabal or Zegna (Zegna makes their own high end fabrics). Usually these fabrics have a very high thread count (140 or higher). Southeast Asia isn't known for producing this level of fabric and craftsmanship.

Although I hear good things about suits coming out of there don't think they have reach the level of the west.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I am a clothing reseller. I deal with the brands Loro Piana and Ermenegildo Zegna regularly and I hate to break it to you but their fabric quality is at the same level of any mid range brand. I have pieces from both lines in my inventory right now. The resell value and turn over isn't even that high on Zegna. Loro Piana sells like crazy but I have dealt with a ton of their cashmere and honest I find it to be on par with Eileen Fisher, Saks in house brands and Lauren Ralph Brands. It's really nothing special. I think you're buying the hype. The best textiles come out of India and that is where most designers get them from especially the Italians.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you can get very cheap tailored suits mimicked in style of different designers and choose your own fabric

When they start to fall apart after 10 wears though :sadcam:

Well I'll let you know how his suits goes. He didn't go to just any old joint on the street trying to hustle people into the store. His friend did a bit of research on the joint and they very happy with the results. Neither is a stranger to suits so I'm assuming they know the difference between crap and luxe. But I'll make sure to get the scoop.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Well I'll let you know how his suits goes. He didn't go to just any old joint on the street trying to hustle people into the store. His friend did a bit of research on the joint and they very happy with the results. Neither is a stranger to suits so I'm assuming they know the difference between crap and luxe. But I'll make sure to get the scoop.

You gonna keep us hanging or are going your man's SE tailors is?

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I am a clothing reseller. I deal with the brands Loro Piana and Ermenegildo Zegna regularly and I hate to break it to you but their fabric quality is at the same level of any mid range brand. I have pieces from both lines in my inventory right now. The resell value and turn over isn't even that high on Zegna. Loro Piana sells like crazy but I have dealt with a ton of their cashmere and honest I find it to be on par with Eileen Fisher, Saks in house brands and Lauren Ralph Brands. It's really nothing special. I think you're buying the hype. The best textiles come out of India and that is where most designers get them from especially the Italians.

Textiles. Awesome. Are all those processed in India as well? Not saying your lying but I need more proof that SE tailors are as good as you say.

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
I get my shyt from Charlie Allen coz
1. I'm based in London
2. I'm broke and got the hookup for a huge discount
3. Black Excellence :salute:

When I go Hong Kong and Thailand in June though I will def be stacking up on cheap customs but I'm also a compulsive liar online

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Brehs spending a bunch of money on a suit is a waste of time. I'd buy my suits from Zara and take them to my tailor and people ask me damn...where'd you get your suit from. You just have to have an eye for textures. I would recommend that if you dont wear suits often and want to look great without breaking the bank.

If you wear suits more often tho it would behoove you to spend a bit more bread tho. So you get higher quality fabric and heavier weft, that way your suit last longer and keeps its sheen longer.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Brehs spending a bunch of money on a suit is a waste of time. I'd buy my suits from Zara and take them to my tailor and people ask me damn...where'd you get your suit from. You just have to have an eye for textures. I would recommend that if you dont wear suits often and want to look great without breaking the bank.

If you wear suits more often tho it would behoove you to spend a bit more bread tho. So you get higher quality fabric and heavier weft, that way your suit last longer and keeps its sheen longer.

Buying a good suit is Not waste buy any means. However if you find as suit for $79.00 and it fits well and looks good on you by all means get it. Thats what its all about to finding what works you. Especially if you don't need to wear a suit that often.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Damn why do the Italians dominate when it comes to clothing?

At one time Italy was a crossroad between the east and the west. Look up the silk road. The keyword "silk" the English dominate tailors as well. Since England ruled the world and much of the world business was done in English naturally they would need tailors who could handle growing upper middle class.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
So is this opinion based on your experience?

@----- Do you own a suit from a Savile Row tailor? If so which one?

I've never been to Savile Row. They are just known world class and beautiful but super expensive bespoke suits.

-----

Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Ravazzolo - High end Italian suits and business casual wear. Really Italian too. Their Spring lines are usually beautiful. Ravazzolo makes beautiful garments.
Ravazzolo-SpringSummer-2011-collection-suit.jpeg
110.jpg
Ravazzolo-AutumnWinter-2014-Mens-061.jpg
323459bd65fef16068fd1bc21db2691b.jpg
ravazzolo-aw15-done-1.jpg
Ravazzolo-2016-Fall-Winter-Collection-Lookbook-007.jpg
ravazzolo-aw15-done-6.jpg