Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Maybe not outright or by intention, but feminism is certainly ripe with issues in it tho.

I don't think the movement or idea has issues in it. I think the way some people carry it out is where the issues come in. There's true feminism and then there's the people who don't understand what it means and give it a bad rep. Much like anything else in the world that's good and gets misused or misunderstood. Feminism isn't about hating men or feeling like men aren't good for anything but paying bills or sex. It's about equality in the workplace, in society, respect, and a woman's right to choose her own destiny. Whether that involves what she does to her body, what she wears, where she works, etc.

Any movement or ideal can be perverted. It's up to those of us in the know to keep it pure

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I don't think the movement or idea has issues in it. I think the way some people carry it out is where the issues come in. There's true feminism and then there's the people who don't understand what it means and give it a bad rep. Much like anything else in the world that's good and gets misused or misunderstood. Feminism isn't about hating men or feeling like men aren't good for anything but paying bills or sex. It's about equality in the workplace, in society, respect, and a woman's right to choose her own destiny. Whether that involves what she does to her body, what she wears, where she works, etc.

Any movement or ideal can be perverted. It's up to those of us in the know to keep it pure

:patrice:
I'm definitely anti-feminist ...at least for African peoples.:francis: I should make a dedicated post about why I am anti-feminist :jbhmm: that would be an interesting read :ehh:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

This looks good and its also a story about black women that hasn't been told before and their contribution to NASA and the moon landing program.

For all the talk in this forum about how there are no stories being told about us that don't involve slavery or us laughing and joking in buddy cop flicks or buddy flicks period, this should be a must watch for every single person who's ever opened their mouth to say that. None of this bootlegging shyt either:stopitslime:

Drops January 13, 2018 with Pharrell and Hans Zimmer doing the score

Kevin Costner, Kirsten Dunst, and Jim Parsons are in it as well

I wanna see this :whoo:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Movie looks dope.

Fred.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

:patrice:
I'm definitely anti-feminist ...at least for African peoples.:francis: I should make a dedicated post about why I am anti-feminist :jbhmm: that would be an interesting read :ehh:

You don't have to write a college essay about that. Any sane person would be anti-Feminist.

does janelle monae get naked in this movie? :takedat:

I hear she had a rough sex scene with a white guy ala Halle Berry in Monster Ball. Guess she's trying to get that oscar.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
not this time...movie is based on a book with the same name...black woman wrote the book too...i just learned all this in the last 30 minutes...

ps: im sure when the coli experts on race see pictures of katherine johnson they will say she not even black:mjlol:

Also its a double entendre: hidden because they're the woman behind the moon landing and because they found the math that no one else knew existed

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Saw the trailer at Birth Of A Nation and I was surprised because I had just listened to the historically black podcast. One of the mathematicians great-granddaughters talked about it, but I didn't remember her mentioning a movie

The podcast is on spotify if any wants to give it a listen

tumblr_odv206Wi1f1vux7uho2_540.png

imrs.php

Last edited: