HHID is probably Nas' most slept on album

Daps
always loved the album ever since it dropped. Beats and rhymes were great and the album was cohesive with a good theme. But ive come to accept the fact that no matter what nas releases ppl are always going to wish for some thing like illmatic or it was written so fvck it theres no point trying to convince the stubborn otherwise

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
You Can't Kill Me and Where Are They Now are boring. Money Over Bullshyt has a wack beat, and it's one of his weakest intro's. Kelis' hook and the song intro of Not Going back were trash, but song is dope... Love the rest of the joints tho

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I wouldn't say it was "slept on" as it sold a fair amount (His third Number 1 debut and first since I Am) and was generally acclaimed but I feel that it's under appreciated for how he ACTUALLY lived up to what he set out to do. A lot of people wanna scream "GIMMICK" but both HHID and Untitled executed the concepts admirably (in Untitled's case Phenomenonally). Songs like Carry On Tradition, Where Are They Now, Hip Hop Is Dead, Cant Forget About You, Hope, and Who Killed It were the tracks that attacked the theme head on while Black Republican and Hustlers were more metaphorical examples of the artforms resurrection. (through the showing of Unity for Hip Hop's betterment)

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You Can't Kill Me and Where Are They Now are boring. Money Over Bullshyt has a wack beat, and it's one of his weakest intro's. Kelis' hook and the song intro of Not Going back were trash, but song is dope... Love the rest of the joints tho

I don't know man Money Over Bullshyt goes hard, Nas was putting in work on that track and pretty much bodies every verse. At the same time it still might be one of his weakest intros just because the others have been so epic. NYSOM 1 & 2, The Message, Stillmatic Intro, Get Down, Message To Feds, Queens Get The Money. Holy shyt, never realized how thorough his track record is his intro songs.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
i can ride out to that entire album front to back. fukking love it. You Can't Kill Me is my fukking shyt. first time i heard it and the nikka said, "packed the nines, yo this nikka's asinine/ Smack ya mom, relaxed and calm, then mack ya mom/ in a casket you get your fashion on" I hit the :ohlawd: look real quick. shyt was beautiful :to:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I wouldn't say it was "slept on" as it sold a fair amount (His third Number 1 debut and first since I Am) and was generally acclaimed but I feel that it's under appreciated for how he ACTUALLY lived up to what he set out to do. A lot of people wanna scream "GIMMICK" but both HHID and Untitled executed the concepts admirably (in Untitled's case Phenomenonally). Songs like Carry On Tradition, Where Are They Now, Hip Hop Is Dead, Cant Forget About You, Hope, and Who Killed It were the tracks that attacked the theme head on while Black Republican and Hustlers were more metaphorical examples of the artforms resurrection. (through the showing of Unity for Hip Hop's betterment)

True...but I personally had bigger hopes for a true concept album when I first heard the title.

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
Oh here we go again....there were only a couple weak tracks on HHID in my opinion, i loved it. But i think Nastradamus is his most slept on album partially because of all the hate it gets but its got classic songs

Life we chose
Nastradamus
project windows
Shoot em up
Last Words
Family
New World

Im a little biased because i had the cassette back in the day and i remember riding my bike to the local ball courts where I grew up at listening to the whole tape from beginning to end.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Oh here we go again....there were only a couple weak tracks on HHID in my opinion, i loved it. But i think Nastradamus is his most slept on album partially because of all the hate it gets but its got classic songs

Life we chose
Nastradamus
project windows
Shoot em up
Last Words
Family
New World

Im a little biased because i had the cassette back in the day and i remember riding my bike to the local ball courts where I grew up at listening to the whole tape from beginning to end.

Those songs were dope, but somebody of Nas' calibre should've come with a much stronger direction for that album...sad thing is the concept was all laid out there for him (album title/cover, Y2k/end of the world fears etc)

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ive heard that a lot about MOBullshyt....but that shi t gets my going when it comes on

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
It does have one of his most slept on songs, Hold Down the Block. That song is amazing.
I've always thought this..song is flames
Am I the only person that liked "Blunt Ashes"?
nope, never understood the hate for this song, shyt is nice
You never heard it? To me its about the dark side of the entertainment biz, just like Jay's song "Hollywood" is about the beauty of it, like a yin and yang
very interesting take on it, never thought about it in that way
*daps* :win: