Hexagram whats your opinion on Mad Men?

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I just got hooked on the show recently and I enjoy it a lot. I don't think it's as good as Breaking Bad but that's not a knock on the show at all. It's really story and character driven and you won't get many holy shyt moments like Breaking Bad or the Sopranos. The acting in the show is really superb and maybe even slightly better than the acting in Breaking Bad. And Don Drapper's swag is at 100 trillion. He stays drunk and getting p*ssy. I wish I was Don Drapper lol.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
I just want you to know you're asking the opinions of a guy who looks like this:

oa2ome.jpg

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mad Men is a snooze-fest. It won't get much better than the first episode of season one.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
ive never seen a forum where so many people have started threads asking if this show is good.

u think 4 str8 best drama emmys is some kind of a sham?

and since all these threads do is turn into fukking flame wars i'll just add my 2 cents and prob wont revisit. its my fav show of all time but whether u like it or not. and i mean this. u may LOVE it like i do or you may HATE it with all your guts. but please, please just watch at least 6-8 episodes. i know that sounds like a lot of time to give a show your not sure about i highly doubt your gonna like it after just a couple.

pretty much i made a thread here asking if mad men will pick up at some point, cuz 4 episodes in i was on the fence

im almost done the 3rd season and i can def say its a damn good show

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
My favorite show right now . Have the first four seasons on Blu-Ray. I might be a little bias because I wanted to get into Advertising and I'm a historian buff but the acting is :ohlawd: Its very much a character driven show. If you're into the shock factor, it may not be for you though.

With that said, can't wait for season six :ahh:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Incredibly slow in the first season or two but I'd already bought the 4 season boxset. I carred on and got hooked near the end of season 2, never looked back.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:dahell: I was expecting worse.

off topic but

how ya nikkas use them smileys? i just write :dahell: and it comes out? cause i dont see it on the smiley list...and i have a feeling im about to answer my own question lol

EDIT: :whew:

put me on :youngsabo:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
off topic but

how ya nikkas use them smileys? i just write :dahell: and it comes out? cause i dont see it on the smiley list...and i have a feeling im about to answer my own question lol

EDIT: :whew:

put me on :youngsabo:

You can edit your own personal smilies now, I think up to 4-5. I don't mess with it so I'm not that knowledgeable about it, but the option should be in your control panel.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've seen a lot of people say "nothing ever really happens" is this exaggerating?

I just find it hard to find the time to continue watching while I'm trying to catch up on Homeland and I could catch up with some other shows that I haven't been peeping too, plus I'm a big movie head so I gotta prioritize.

I do really like the setting and style of the show and its well written but I just felt it was a little boring an unexciting at least the first couple of episodes that I've seen.

Nah, nothing really happens. I mean....shyt happens, but it's kinda like real life. They deal with normal life problems and job related issues. That's why I said, the first ep is basically the series in a nutshell.

What other shows haven't you been peeping?

Fred.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
im re-watching it currently..

im up to the last episode of the second season..im enjoying the first 2 seasons way more than i did the first time, but i think its because i already saw how much these characters have grown

i like how peggy evolves into the woman she is after being the naive little girl with the little girl dresses in the first 2 seasons..

i like the rise of ken cosgrove, i forgot he had a story published in the first season and everyone else was hating hard :ohlawd:, he ended up being that dude in the 5th season

i like how kinsley portrays himself as a fukking hipster, this motherfukker was down with every upstart movement of the 60's, i just be laughing at him all the time

and i like that the two dudes they hired in season 2 as the "writer/artist" duo survived to the 5th season and they still doing they thing

theres way more and i think i can give a better input after i watch the next 3 seasons again, but i honestly feel this show has the best character development even better than breaking bad which is a show that i LOVE

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I tried, I mean I really tried with this show. But damn its boring... The writing may be good and all but it became a chore to try to watch this show and then after a hour of watching I was left feeling like... :unsure: Ok.

I think I made it about 9 episodes before I had enough, I wasn't enjoying the show, I could give a shyt about people invovled. I just stopped watching.

I think Hexagram was spot on with his post, I'm sure its a great show but its not for everyone. I just happen to be one of those people.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nah, nothing really happens. I mean....shyt happens, but it's kinda like real life. They deal with normal life problems and job related issues. That's why I said, the first ep is basically the series in a nutshell.

What other shows haven't you been peeping?

Fred.
out of the current shows today just homeland but I haven't seen shyt like the wire or sopranos

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had the same issue as TS, watched first episode and came to the conclusion it's not for me...I may give it another shot though, actually watch the whole first season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
out of the current shows today just homeland but I haven't seen shyt like the wire or sopranos

:whoa:

Stop what you're doing and watch "The Wire" immediately. I have it right there with "Breaking Bad" as the GOAT. GOAT 1 and GOAT 2.

Then watch "Sopranos". "Madmen" is cool but that shyt can wait, you got a lot of classic TV you missed out on.

Fred.