Hexagram whats your opinion on Mad Men?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first, I thought it gonna be bored but turned out, it's a great series.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I know she plays main dude's wife, but January Jones...does she really hinder the show? Is it a minor role or does she play a large part like Carmella Soprano?

The role she plays fits her like a glove. She's still the worst character on the show, but you don't roll your eyes every time she walks onscreen.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
She plays her position and does the 60s housewife well.

Not even a top 10 actor on a show with some of the best on television.

The role she plays fits her like a glove. She's still the worst character on the show, but you don't roll your eyes every time she walks onscreen.

She really only has to act either annoyed, vacant or a bit angry, she can do those alright. I know people hate her character but I haven't seen many go after the actress. This is the only thing I've actually seen her in I think.

She isn't a very good actress but I doubt she'll matter much if you like the show. Basically, she ain't gonna be a determining factor either way for you IMO. She is a fairly important character though.

Fred.

Thanks brehs, she was my only deterrent but I'm bout to watch the pilot, based off your reviews
:salute:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
First off, :myman:

I like it but:

1. It's not for everyone. It's....and this is gonna sound strange....but it's like "The Wire" set in an ad agency. What I mean is, a lot of the drama revolves around dialogue and how characters interact. There isn't really any :gladbron: moments where you'll be on the edge of your seat.

2. Unlike "The Wire" I think it's over rated, and it's fans can be incredibly annoying. "Mad Men" fans on this board are mostly cool but this is a show where if you don't nonstop praise it people will assume you're dumb or don't "get it". The show ain't that deep where it's hard to "get".

3. To be fair I'd say watch a couple more eps, but it's definitely not for everyone, and the first ep is basically the series in a nutshell.

Fred.

:dahell: I was expecting worse.

sknk80

Rookie
Daps
one of the most overrated (but still pretty great) shows of all time

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since this is a q and a for hexagram

How does this show compare to breaking bad? :steviej:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: I was expecting worse.

stevieray.gif

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good show, I watch it with my wife. She loves it... I would say that it kind of keeps you watching it for the most ordinary boring stuff. Hard to explain but yeah...

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
First off, :myman:

I like it but:

1. It's not for everyone. It's....and this is gonna sound strange....but it's like "The Wire" set in an ad agency. What I mean is, a lot of the drama revolves around dialogue and how characters interact. There isn't really any :gladbron: moments where you'll be on the edge of your seat.

2. Unlike "The Wire" I think it's over rated, and it's fans can be incredibly annoying. "Mad Men" fans on this board are mostly cool but this is a show where if you don't nonstop praise it people will assume you're dumb or don't "get it". The show ain't that deep where it's hard to "get".

3. To be fair I'd say watch a couple more eps, but it's definitely not for everyone, and the first ep is basically the series in a nutshell.

Fred.
I've seen a lot of people say "nothing ever really happens" is this exaggerating?

I just find it hard to find the time to continue watching while I'm trying to catch up on Homeland and I could catch up with some other shows that I haven't been peeping too, plus I'm a big movie head so I gotta prioritize.

I do really like the setting and style of the show and its well written but I just felt it was a little boring an unexciting at least the first couple of episodes that I've seen.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
the way they talk to and about women right in front of them, at the workplace and doctor's office :wow:

legs and eggs days and drinking bourbon at the office :bow:

I think I found my new show