Hereditary (2018 Horror Film) Official Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Absolute piff.

Very old school. I thought the Joan scenes were obvious but maybe the general audience were really surprised by that twist. The boy cried like a little kid tho,maybe that was part of his spirit breaking and him reverting to a little kid so Paimon could manipulate him.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I thought it was really scary especially the way they had people/ghosts just standing in low light and you had to adjust your eyes to the frame and then lose your shyt once you saw it.

Overall though I thought the ending was weak; they fence sat between the cult angle and the mental illness angle. Personally I think it would've been more effective if they went all in on one or the other, but maybe if I watch again I'll think differently.

Definitely glad I saw it in theaters with a group of friends.
Mental illness angles are some of the worst shyt, the "it was all in her head after all" reveal rarely works.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I saw this cuz the wife wanted to go. Gotta say I totally hated this movie. I just don't like this genre at all to be honest.
Yeah I'm with you b.

I actually wanted to go tho, trailers looked good.

20 mins in and I knew I wasn't gonna enjoy the film :francis:

Nothing was creepy or scary to me at all. Shoulda peeped this at home.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I saw two people get up, on opposite sides of the theater, close to the beginning of the third act, at my showing last night. I don't remember either of them returning. I think their patience was already thin.

I woulda left early if I was alone :stopitslime: movie was a slow burn, I usually like flicks like this but I was literally bored peeping this.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Saw this yesterday. At a sold out preview screening.

If you like slow creeping dread this will work for you. I personally found it pretty scary as it touches on things and scares that will feel real to a lot of people.

I always count on how effective a film is if you're thinking about it as you turn off the lights to go to sleep. This film has so many unforgettable images and sounds. especially one simple sound in particular that gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Can't wait to see it again.
which specific sound?
remind me?

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
which specific sound?
remind me?

It's got to be Charlie's click.:jbhmm:

I thought it was a dope choice to keep the scenes when Peter wakes up alone in the house almost completely silent. Just Peter making his way through that terrifying, isolated home.:to:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
It's got to be Charlie's click.:jbhmm:

I thought it was a dope choice to keep the scenes when Peter wakes up alone in the house almost completely silent. Just Peter making his way through that terrifying, isolated home.:to:
ahh OK, but for me that click noise was surpassed by too many other scenes of the acting, visuals and suspence..had me nervous as fukk.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
ahh OK, but for me that click noise was surpassed by too many other scenes of the acting, visuals and suspence..had me nervous as fukk.

I definitely agree, but the click is unforgettable and added to the dread. I noticed it was pretty effective whenever it was used, initially as an uncomfortable quirk, and finally as a more sinister tick.

People legit jumped when they heard the click. I didn't think it was that terrifying, but I saw it for myself, that shyt had others SHOOK.:lolbron:

Anyways, I really loved how captivated I was the first half hour or so of the film. Funerals, miniature homes, Charlie's face, I mean I was really sitting there trying to piece it all together. Had to actually use the restroom early into the film but I ended up waiting til the end. Film really had me stuck, didn't want to miss any potential foreshadowing or details.:russ: