Henry Cavill as Superman might be the biggest waste of potential in comic book movie history

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Consensus?

Personally I think Cavill had the potential to easily be the GOAT Superman. They basically cast the perfect actor...looked the part, was enthusiastic about the role, and was a generally decent-to-good actor. And they even had a pretty good first movie.

But yeah, other than that the studios absolutely failed Cavill :snoop: hopefully the new movie is good but the missed potential with this is just unbelievable

Had the studios not fukked up I could've easily seen Cavill being as iconic as RDJ/Ironman and playing the character for 20+ years.

Studios need to stop trying to innovate.

The reason we want to see Superman on the screen is because of 100 years of COMICS.

The comics are already there. Countless stories to adapt. Scores of enemies.

In the case of MoS Superman, he's not the 'real' Superman. He's all depressed and dour and shyt. The real Superman is a beacon of hope who is always encouraging and chipper.

Sad Superman doesnt work.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Studios need to stop trying to innovate.

The reason we want to see Superman on the screen is because of 100 years of COMICS.

The comics are already there. Countless stories to adapt. Scores of enemies.

In the case of MoS Superman, he's not the 'real' Superman. He's all depressed and dour and shyt. The real Superman is a beacon of hope who is always encouraging and chipper.

Sad Superman doesnt work.

Modern audiences would instantly call that Superman corny and boring.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Modern audiences would instantly call that Superman corny and boring.

Exactly my analysis of MoS Superman.

MCU Cap is a similar thing to what I am imagining. Wonder Woman first solo movie was more like that traditional superhero attitude.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Nobody cared when Cavill’s Supes died in BvS lol. The reactions to Supes dying vs Spidey and T’challa’s Death in infinity war. Is day and night lol crazy.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol:Nobody cared when Cavill’s Supes died in BvS lol. The reactions to Supes dying vs Spidey and T’challa’s Death in infinity war. Is day and night lol crazy.

You're blaming Cavill for stuff that's entirely the fault of the writers.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
You're blaming Cavill for stuff that's entirely the fault of the writers.
:umad:Yes I’m blaming Cavill for not selling that scene. Holland sold the fukk outta that “Mr. Stark I don’t feel so good” scene.