Henry Cavill as Superman might be the biggest waste of potential in comic book movie history

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Consensus?

Personally I think Cavill had the potential to easily be the GOAT Superman. They basically cast the perfect actor...looked the part, was enthusiastic about the role, and was a generally decent-to-good actor. And they even had a pretty good first movie.

But yeah, other than that the studios absolutely failed Cavill :snoop: hopefully the new movie is good but the missed potential with this is just unbelievable

Had the studios not fukked up I could've easily seen Cavill being as iconic as RDJ/Ironman and playing the character for 20+ years.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:Cavill only looked the part but had the charisma of a sloth. Maybe in the hands of a better director. He would’ve reached his full potential. RDJ had the charisma, look, and acting ability to pull off Tony Stark. Cavill was a wooden plank with a cape lol. Evans Cap is the blueprint for a modern day Superman.

Last edited:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Consensus?

Personally I think Cavill had the potential to easily be the GOAT Superman. They basically cast the perfect actor...looked the part, was enthusiastic about the role, and was a generally decent-to-good actor. And they even had a pretty good first movie.

But yeah, other than that the studios absolutely failed Cavill :snoop: hopefully the new movie is good but the missed potential with this is just unbelievable

Had the studios not fukked up I could've easily seen Cavill being as iconic as RDJ/Ironman and playing the character for 20+ years.
20 years? Lol

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Dude had zero chemistry and the script were by people that were only interested in the Frank Miller/Superman half.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man >Henry Cavill As Superman
Garfield as Spiderman>>>>>the other dudes as Spiderman

We got everything we were gonna get out of Cavill's Superman. The audience at the time is who put a cap on his potential. If Man of Steel came out today, it'd be better received.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Man of Steel is still by far the best DCEU movie and its not even close. There’s some magic lost between the first superman movie and justice league (the snydercut was good though) and to end up with aqua man and black lightning? Jeez

They should've just done Man of Steel 2 instead of Batman v Superman, and given BatFleck a solo movie. Then maybe BvS or Justice League.

They were wanting to compete with Avengers, so they were in a hurry to setup Justice League, but they jumped the gun and rushed it.

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I liked Man of Steel but they they completely failed to capture the essence of the character. Superman is supposed to be the Day to Batman's Night. It may have made sense to make Supes super moody & brooding but the point of his character is he's NOT that.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should've just done Man of Steel 2 instead of Batman v Superman, and given BatFleck a solo movie. Then maybe BvS or Justice League.

They were wanting to compete with Avengers, so they were in a hurry to setup Justice League, but they jumped the gun and rushed it.

Yea the execs rushed everything to compete with the avengers without respecting the process and build up. Man of steel is still my favorite DCU. I didnt mind Cavill’s take on the character. He’s an alien god that can take over the planet if he wants so of course he will be awkward and not fit in not be some goofy smiling nikka

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
We needed a standalone Batfleck movie

Y5Em.gif