Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck most likely done with DC

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Do they go younger with Bats? Cavill was probaby the best they were gonna get with Supes.

Everyone has known that Ben was done for almost a year now. It's a hot mess. As for Cavill, I just think MoS 2 will never get out of development hell. Isn't Flash indefinitely delayed? And everyone knew Cyborg was going nowhere.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
They need to give the cowl to Jake Gyllenhaal.

Dude would make a great younger Batman.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Do they go younger with Bats? Cavill was probaby the best they were gonna get with Supes.

Everyone has known that Ben was done for almost a year now. It's a hot mess. As for Cavill, I just think MoS 2 will never get out of development hell. Isn't Flash indefinitely delayed? And everyone knew Cyborg was going nowhere.

Reeves' Batman is supposedly late 20s/early30s but he will be younger than Ben's Batman

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What did I say that was wrong? Man of Steel is an awful Superman movie. It tries to be an origin story but it expects you to have an intimate understanding of the Superman character but this character is nothing like Superman.

Stupid plot conveniences, dumb action with little to no stakes, it tries to be deep and talk about “If Superman was real” but has no actual commentary to offer on the subject, etc.

The people who tend to like Man of Steel are people who know nothing about Superman and think fight scenes make a good movie.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Ben is most likely done which is understandable..

Cavill i doubt it. His issue is to do with money. WB don’t wanna budge and he feels like he deserves more. If i was him I’d take the L and tell them to agree to sign MOS 2 first and then re up on MOS 3.

The way i see it, if SHAZAM is a critical and financial success, they’re gonna move away from Cavills Supes since is pretty much kiddie Superman..

All in all fukk WB cause they really don’t know what they’re doing. They want to run a universe but won’t allow the directors who want to make it work do their thing. Their meddling is their downfall.. which sucks

To me - they needed one person to marshall the overall vision. Giving Snyder that role and having him direct too was a conflict of interest.

He needed someone to tell him that 'The Dark Knight Returns' would make a great movie.... in 2025 when the audience gets to see Affleck retire as Batman, not right now, when we're just setting the table. I wouldn't have been mad at him doing his 'shot for shot' remake ting on that one either. That's where he excels.

Same for Death of Superman - it could have been in Man Of Steel 2 leading into another movie - MOS 3 or JL2, maybe. To me it always felt like it took the stakes out of their whole universe killing off a major player that soon, for the sake of a drama beat.

Marvel generally hire directors who they know will follow their road map, damn near to the letter. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement for artistic independence, but 22 movies and however many billions later, you can't really argue with results.:manny:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me - they needed one person to marshall the overall vision. Giving Snyder that role and having him direct too was a conflict of interest.

He needed someone to tell him that 'The Dark Knight Returns' would make a great movie.... in 2025 when the audience gets to see Affleck retire as Batman, not right now, when we're just setting the table. I wouldn't have been mad at him doing his 'shot for shot' remake ting on that one either. That's where he excels.

Same for Death of Superman - it could have been in Man Of Steel 2 leading into another movie - MOS 3 or JL2, maybe. To me it always felt like it took the stakes out of their whole universe killing off a major player that soon, for the sake of a drama beat.

Marvel generally hire directors who they know will follow their road map, damn near to the letter. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement for artistic independence, but 22 movies and however many billions later, you can't really argue with results.:manny:

Exactly. Dark Knight Returns isn’t a fukking lead in movie. The reason it works is because it was such a drastically different Batman then we were getting at the time.

Same with Death of Superman. You don’t give a fukk about Superman in BvS yet because he barely has any character outside of “I help people and love Lois Lane”.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how did they bungle this so badly

Cared too much about what the MCU was doing and tried to rush it instead of taking their time to make legitimately good movies. The reason the MCU worked is because the build up to the Avengers was a slow burn and the movies didn’t need ANY of the cameos to work as solid movies.

It also doesn’t understand how to make likable characters that have genuine inner conflict. It sets up flashbacks that have Clark being conflicted with saving people or being selfish but that was answered almost immediately so there is no inner conflict for us to watch. So most of the flashbacks barely lead to any meaningful growth to the current story. C

The conflict with Zod rings false because it’s straight stupid (You been smashing nikkas through a populated smallville and barely tried to get Zod out of the city, killing who knows how many people, and the catalyst for you going that extra step is saving a family of 4? And not only that, the movie never set up how reluctant Clark is to ever take a life and what it means for him to be forced to that point. So his emotion rings hollow. This dude has no problem grabbing a guy and throwing him through a train field while calling him a motherfukker but now he’s against excessive force?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did I say that was wrong? Man of Steel is an awful Superman movie. It tries to be an origin story but it expects you to have an intimate understanding of the Superman character but this character is nothing like Superman.

Stupid plot conveniences, dumb action with little to no stakes, it tries to be deep and talk about “If Superman was real” but has no actual commentary to offer on the subject, etc.

The people who tend to like Man of Steel are people who know nothing about Superman and think fight scenes make a good movie.
Bruh, that Superman is essentially the John Byrne Superman that was made after Crisis on Infinite Earths. The Superman I grew up reading in the early 90s. Man of Steel was part one of a character arc to get him to where we saw him at the end of Justice League.