Helldivers 2 officially hits 457k+ CCU on Steam (still top paid game)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Nah, like I said they fukked up. Not a good look for both Sony and Arrowhead. Should have had the requirement from the start, or offered a free skin or some shyt if you do sign up for PSN.

I'm talking about the folks that popped out talking like sign in requirements are something new. The "I'd never buy a game with a sign in requirement!" ass folks.

"They're stealing our DATA!" ass folks.
the only other thing i'll add is that by dropping the requirement, they got sales they never would've had in the first place as well

and its plain to see that any sort of in-game bonus for signing up would not have come close to bringing the same value as dropping the registration upfront. that opened the door for the sales and momentum that drove the game to begin with

like when you look at the business side of this and not the home gaming convenience factor - this is a very clear chart to read for anyone running numbers.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
And I don't see you shytting on any publishers who require it outside of Sony.

Yea, Sony and Arrowhead fukked up due to activating the requirement 2 months after the fact. If that's the reason you hate it, cool.

But we don't see the same energy with the other, more stringent log in requirements that have been around for damn near a decade. This isn't something new.
I've been vocal about similar topics like Epic's store and the Rockstar launcher on PC. I don't have time for every fight, but if someone says they don't like something, I'm not gonna go out of my way to tell them they should like it "because everyone else is doing it"

I have been a PC gamer for a long time, and I am familiar with these issues, and how people feel about them

yall spend so much time trying to fit me into some box, so you can claim I have an agenda

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
the only other thing i'll add is that by dropping the requirement, they got sales they never would've had in the first place as well

and its plain to see that any sort of in-game bonus for signing up would not have come close to bringing the same value as dropping the registration upfront. that opened the door for the sales and momentum that drove the game to begin with

like when you look at the business side of this and not the home gaming convenience factor - this is a very clear chart to read for anyone running numbers.
No one was out here yelling to buy this game because it didn't have a sign in requirement. It's a damn good game and word of mouth earned them sales/momentum.

Mandatory sign in wasn't the move. especially 2 months after. I concede that point. They could have easily offered rewards for signing in/up. Not make it mandatory since that ship had already sailed.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
sony has bigger games than HD2, just not with external developers, they have less control over them development wise and PR wise.

All that being buddy buddy with fans and addressing their “concerns” is something that never happens with their internal studios even Naughty Dog for how much shyt they catch every other month. All sonys studios are media trained
It's essentially what you see in politics now, you're down for the cause 99.9 percent of the time, but disagree with them for the 00.1 percent and you're satan to them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's essentially what you see in politics now, you're down for the cause 99.9 percent of the time, but disagree with them for the 00.1 percent and you're satan to them.

Yeah, that consumer is always right shyt doesn’t work on the internet because there are a lot of bad actors mixed in with actual paying costumers that are there just to throw gas on an issue

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No but you just want to whine and bytch about it constantly now because it is Sony. :comeon:
I'm just trying to explain why people don't like these 3rd party account requirements on PC

personally I bought the game, to support Sony bringing their games to PC. and I gave it a positive review when Sony did the right thing, listening to their customers

Sony corrected course, but you got people in here basically saying they shouldn't have, to spite PC gamers :mindblown:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's been revealed that Spitz have been fired following comments from the community manageron the official Helldivers 2 Discord channel.

What Did Spitz Say?​

When the PSN account linking announcement was made, the backlash was immediate, as many voiced their frustration across Reddit, Twitter, and Discord in viral posts that captured the sentiment across the entire community. But Spitz called on players to do more, arguing that speaking out wasn't enough to change Sony's mind.

"Players making their displeasure known through reviews, refunds, etc. gives us more pull in the discussion with Sony," Spitz said. "It hurts to see the game's popularity suffer in ratings, but discussions are ongoing and on the side of players in this fight."

The outpour of negative reviews led to the quick walkback of the update, so Spitz was right in the end. Arrowhead CEO Johan Pilestedt even applauded the community for its response, tweeting, "I am impressed by the willpower of the Helldivers 2 community and your ability to collaborate."

Pilestedt said that he wants Helldivers 2 to "set a new standard for what a live game is," and in a way, it already has. Sony reversing a decision this big this fast is unheard of.

Dummy got fired. Get along with the mob brehs.

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Spitz did right. CMs are too busy being a wall for studios most of the time, rather than the liason between community and studio. He told the community what time is was and they pulled up.

Fired, yes, but he did the right thing. :yeshrug: Now the next guy will just be puppet like the rest of them, be hated by the community, and loved by the publisher.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
There are currently around 700k playing it between ps5 and steam

GGgJBeCXQAAl9Bj
You would think the numbers would be better, but I guess you have to report something