Helldivers 2 officially hits 457k+ CCU on Steam (still top paid game)

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Somebody made a Review Bomb cape... :mjlol:
helldivers-2-review-bomb-cape-580x334.jpg

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's happening everywhere not just in gaming. Sacrificing people to increase shareholder money. It's getting ridiculous and people better wake up. Sucking off all these rich people who don't give 2 shyts about you and skate out of paying their fair share of taxes is pathetic.
kind of like people siding with Sony for forcing something on PC gamers that provides them with no benefit

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
kind of like people siding with Sony for forcing something on PC gamers that provides them with no benefit

Making people get a Playstation account was not that serious of a thing to behave the way they did. The people losing access to play where playstation accounts weren't available was the issue. And Sony deserved the smoke for that.

They weren't forcing people to buy ps plus subs. No launcher either. And every publisher does similar.

But people losing access to play because they can't get a ps account is wrong. Not those who can and are just crying and bytching.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Making people get a Playstation account was not that serious of a thing to behave the way they did. The people losing access to play where playstation accounts weren't available was the issue. And Sony deserved the smoke for that.

They weren't forcing people to buy ps plus subs. No launcher either. And every publisher does similar.

But people losing access to play because they can't get a ps account is wrong. Not those who can and are just crying and bytching.
it's as simple as not wanting to have to jump through any unnecessary hoops. people have never been fond of needing to sign up for a 3rd party account, but they choose to tolerate it to play certain games. one of the reasons Valve requires games to list the requirement is so they don't have to deal with so many refund requests when people find out about it after the fact. a lot of the games that require it are free-2-play, so people are more willing to make concessions, since they're not paying for the game. and there's always the concept of "the straw that broke the camel's back". it gets tiring when you gotta make 30 accounts for 30 games. and that's on top of your Steam account, which is all that's required for plenty of multiplayer games.

I just want people to understand there's more nuance to this than "other games do it, and no one cares", or "it only takes 3 minutes to set up an account". and of course Helldivers not requiring it for so long, while gaining many players and accolades, is also a factor.

the whole regional thing is another issue, and something that goes beyond PSN on PC. apparently people in those countries that have consoles have always just made an account using another country. I expect Sony will have to say something soon clearing this up, stating whether or not this actually breaks their terms of service, and what people should do moving forward.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it's as simple as not wanting to have to jump through any unnecessary hoops. people have never been fond of needing to sign up for a 3rd party account, but they choose to tolerate it to play certain games. one of the reasons Valve requires games to list the requirement is so they don't have to deal with so many refund requests when people find out about it after the fact. a lot of the games that require it are free-2-play, so people are more willing to make concessions, since they're not paying for the game. and there's always the concept of "the straw that broke the camel's back". it gets tiring when you gotta make 30 accounts for 30 games. and that's on top of your Steam account, which is all that's required for plenty of multiplayer games.

I just want people to understand there's more nuance to this than "other games do it, and no one cares", or "it only takes 3 minutes to set up an account". and of course Helldivers not requiring it for so long, while gaining many players and accolades, is also a factor.

the whole regional thing is another issue, and something that goes beyond PSN on PC. apparently people in those countries that have consoles have always just made an account using another country. I expect Sony will have to say something soon clearing this up, stating whether or not this actually breaks their terms of service, and what people should do moving forward.
Making an account is not that serious

All major games damn near have this. And some even have launchers

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
and I'm not defending the practice regardless of how many publishers require that shyt
And I don't see you shytting on any publishers who require it outside of Sony.

Yea, Sony and Arrowhead fukked up due to activating the requirement 2 months after the fact. If that's the reason you hate it, cool.

But we don't see the same energy with the other, more stringent log in requirements that have been around for damn near a decade. This isn't something new.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
And I don't see you shytting on any publishers who require it outside of Sony.

Yea, Sony and Arrowhead fukked up due to activating the requirement 2 months after the fact. If that's the reason you hate it, cool.

But we don't see the same energy with the other, more stringent log in requirements. This isn't something new.
you're not seeing the same energy because people can't think of other titles that would've been rug pulled in less than 3 months after paying full price lol

i genuinely can't figure out why people are against this thing. "its not the serious"/"it doesn't effect x" is not a roadblock to calling out bad business. if people did it more, like they do in other industries, the gaming sector wouldn't be the mess it is.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
you're not seeing the same energy because people can't think of other titles that would've been rug pulled in less than 3 months after paying full price lol

i genuinely can't figure out why people are against this thing. "its not the serious"/"it doesn't effect x" is not a roadblock to calling out bad business.
Nah, like I said they fukked up. Not a good look for both Sony and Arrowhead. Should have had the requirement from the start, or offered a free skin or some shyt if you do sign up for PSN.

I'm talking about the folks that popped out talking like sign in requirements are something new. The "I'd never buy a game with a sign in requirement!" ass folks.

"They're stealing our DATA!" ass folks.