Helldivers 2 (Arrowhead, PS5/PC, 2024) (457k+ CCU on Steam)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So It's Starship Troopers forreal

I think the big difference narratively between this and starship is this game implies that humans are actually the villains of the galaxy and they are using civilians of earth as cannon fodder. It’s almost mocking how overly patriotic ST is

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I think the big difference narratively between this and starship is this game implies that humans are actually the villains of the galaxy and they are using civilians of earth as cannon fodder. It’s almost mocking how overly patriotic ST is
I feel like the movie tell's that same story, the problem is some people don't understand nuance. Robocop is the same way.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

...did you actually watch Starship Troopers? :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
my shyt been pre-loaded

zns9sX0.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Yeah I just read about this and I'm not sure how I feel about the concept.
In some ways it's cool they're thinking outside of the box.
I also feel like it's a "No Man's Sky launch" pipe dream that really makes more sense as an AI program. Having an actual employee watching the games seems inefficient and I personally don't really care for the idea of my game being influenced by a random person's feelings in that moment.
Really excited about the game, but this "game master" concept is kind of....weird to me at the moment.