Hell Or High Water - Bridges, Pine & Foster from the director of Starred Up & the writer of Sicario

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed it and I agree with you about it being suprisingly funny. I did not care for the end (last 10 mins) and the camera work was often times too predictable and safe.
I liked the end. Reminded me of Catch me If you can. You lonely fukkers need each other.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Bunch of motherfukkers just catching onto a movie I tried to put on people's radar back in May? What a surprise.... :sas1:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Bunch of motherfukkers just catching onto a movie I tried to put on people's radar back in May? What a surprise.... :sas1:

tumblr_mwllskojYH1rg521eo5_250.gif

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Great movie. Caught it this past weekend in L.A.

I was sure that it was going to be formulaic and that I would hate it. But it had a few nice surprises. I didn't think the call to action (it's been done to death) would hold up under the weight of the plot...but it did.

Excellent writing. We literally start the movie in the 2nd act. Right in the middle of all the action. The banter between both duos was on point. The dialogue was razor sharp, not many wasted words and the plot kept moving forward. There was only one scene filled with exposition (pretty much stands in for the first act) which was kind of clumsily handled. That's the only thing that took me out of the movie....if even just for a minute.

Overall it's suspenseful, thrilling, hilarious and heartbreaking all in one movie. Plus there's a message in there somewhere about legacy and destiny. Mainly the paths we choose in life (and those that have been chosen for us) and the consequences of those paths.

Definitely the best movie I've seen so far this year. That's not saying much. The only others that stand out in 2016 are 2 kids movies and 2 documentaries.

Waiting for all the Oscar bait to drop.

Last edited: