Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
"I told u I was never going back":mjcry:

if u got the dvd they got a documentary about the guy it was based on.(it was a true story but they added/exaggerated stuff here n there) I think they was a crew from boston….

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I caught Den Of Thieves the other night and seriously enjoyed it. Checked the these on here and kept seeing references to "Heat"

I never got around to along, but I'm guessing that's why this thread was bumped? Imma check it tomorrow

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"I don't know what you're doing, remember on the yard Jimmy used to say have no attachments, nothing you can't walk away from in 30 seconds or less if you feel the heat around the corner....remember that?"

"well for me the sun rises and sets with her man"

"regular type life, what the fukk is that? Barbecues and ballgames?"

"So, you spot me coming around that corner, you're just going to walk out on this woman, not say goodbye? Pretty vacant no....?

And the scenes with with Edie, and then at her house, are some of my favorite romance/love scenes,

The coffee shop scene is maybe my favorite conversation/scene in a movie, ever. It's hauntingly applicable to me, as I get older, Mann understood the scarred psyche of his characters more than any director, to me.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I don't know what you're doing, remember on the yard Jimmy used to say have no attachments, nothing you can't walk away from in 30 seconds or less if you feel the heat around the corner....remember that?"

"well for me the sun rises and sets with her man"

"regular type life, what the fukk is that? Barbecues and ballgames?"

"So, you spot me coming around that corner, you're just going to walk out on this woman, not say goodbye? Pretty vacant no....?

And the scenes with with Edie, and then at her house, are some of my favorite romance/love scenes,

The coffee shop scene is maybe my favorite conversation/scene in a movie, ever. It's hauntingly applicable to me, as I get older, Mann understood the scarred psyche of his characters more than any director, to me.

That's the discipline.:martin:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm sure my other post in here says the same thing, but.....

THIEF is better.
I saw Thief a few months ago and strongly disagree.

Thief is great and is probably the natural precursor to Heat. Also, it was funny how the movie had the template for 80s music movies down, but actually got criticized for at the time. Thief has the same beats, but Heat is superior, imo.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Mann certainly does love his existential/romantic characters, and the scenes in a diner, where the protective male and his romance have a stark conversation about their realities. The scene in Thief where he and the waitress decide to get married is near identical to Edie and De Niro's in Heat.

I like those same kinds of conversations myself, I believe I have used a line or two before, there's no sense in me going anywhere, anymore, if it's not with you.