HBO's "Ballers" Season 2 Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I understand why Spencer doesnt want to work with andre... The man already fukked him in the past even if spence was crazy back in the day as a young idiot you still fukked him over & didn't help him.

Andre has screwed other clients before, Spence when it came down to it gave Vernon the last of his money when he didn't have to, there's a fundamental difference between andre and spence and Andre knows it, that's why he was desperate to get spence down with that project because people love and trust spencer.

Naw fam don't give Spence the benefit of the doubt. The muhfukka threw in 6mil for no reason. At least at this point, we have no real reason as to why he would do that. Like his pill poppin fixation, he plays hard and fast, and thinks of the consequences after.

Nobody should have to talk you out of doing something nobody talked you into in the first fukkn place. Take some responsibility. Hold yourself accountable. Be mad at yourself more than anyone else.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
-1x-1.jpg

Bloomberg said this shyt is 362k and I assume that's just the base model :ohhh:

Andre was barely taller than the fukkn top of the vehicle :mjlol:

That's a big fukking car... :mjlol: Fast and sleek as fukk too... :banderas:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Naw fam don't give Spence the benefit of the doubt. The muhfukka threw in 6mil for no reason. At least at this point, we have no real reason as to why he would do that. Like his pill poppin fixation, he plays hard and fast, and thinks of the consequences after.

Nobody should have to talk you out of doing something nobody talked you into in the first fukkn place. Take some responsibility. Hold yourself accountable. Be mad at yourself more than anyone else.

Yeah I know spence fukked up then, but they crucifying him off of shyt he did when he was young and an idiot and not taking care of his money... I mean damn dude lost it all and had nothing, came back started to make something of himself then got sabotaged again...

Like I said Andre knows people love Spence and trust him to, that move offering spence ASM was a desperation act. We both know it... Like andre said once spence leaves the clients will go with him. Spence doesnt need to buy ASM, he needs to get the NFLP license and open his own shop. It fukked up andre put a wrench in that.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Really puts a spin on the "there are 2 sides to a story" saying.

Spence has some real demons he needs to take care of. He thinks he's dealt with them because he gets to play father to dudes MORE fukked up than he is.

No way you can/should blame another person for putting 6mil into a deal when 600k was the buy-in. Nor should you hide the fact that YOU lost everyone else's money. It wasn't that the deal was risky. It was your fault.

Nikka out here talking about "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LET ME DO IT" :heh:

Taking no responsibility for his actions whatsoever. IIRC, this was when Spence was nearing retirement, so he was late 20s or early 30s at the time. Grown man. He should've been smarter. Painting dude out to be the devil when the reality is he made poor decisions. Maybe Andre should've told him no but, Spence didn't sound too bright. Sounds like he would've blew it regardless with another deal if it wasnt that one.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Yeah I know spence fukked up then, but they crucifying him off of shyt he did when he was young and an idiot and not taking care of his money... I mean damn dude lost it all and had nothing, came back started to make something of himself then got sabotaged again...

Like I said Andre knows people love Spence and trust him to, that move offering spence ASM was a desperation act. We both know it... Like andre said once spence leaves the clients will go with him. Spence doesnt need to buy ASM, he needs to get the NFLP license and open his own shop. It fukked up andre put a wrench in that.

But now if you're Spence, you're really fukked:
- You have to ask your clients for 15million...oy vey
- Your enemy, who shut down your NFLP licensing process, now knows you're going to ask your clients for 15million...oy vey

Rocky is fukked either way. So what he needs to do is stop doubling down on others people's money. He needs to back out, look at it from an objective perspective, and not lose any more money that is not his.

Another thing that's bothering me, as I'm typing this shyt out, is that everyone trust Spencer and believes in him because they feel that he got them those contracts. NO! You guys won those contracts yourself, because YOU are the talent. You don't owe Spencer anything more than his professional fee. Stop this madness. Cutting checks to help another man open his business is fine, but YOU GUYS ARE THE BUSINESS. What do you get out of putting up this money for Spencer? What they need to do, and what Spencer needs to do, is say this is equity into OUR business. I will be the frontrunner. I will handle day to day operations. But this will be the first player owned athletic investment company.

Put it this way, if Spencer gets the 15mil from all his clients, and then he gets those clients paid, technically all profits that he's using to pay THEM back is just money he made off of them. So he's not really paying them back. Their success, their new contracts, their relationships with other athletes ensures that Spencer makes the 15mil back down the line.

You own that company. Stop loaning money out.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Just watched last week's episode where he's trying to hustle the money up for the buyout. Pretty good episode.

Now to dl this week's.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just to clarify, Jason is an agent at Anderson and The Rock is the financial man?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What they need to do, and what Spencer needs to do, is say this is equity into OUR business. I will be the frontrunner. I will handle day to day operations. But this will be the first player owned athletic investment company.

That's gonna be the crux of Season 3... :blessed:

Daps
Episode was cool.

No reason why Vernon shouldn't break spencer off with that money. Spencer already took one for the team.:yeshrug:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Now that Andre told the whole story, Spencer looking funny in the light :francis:

You a grown man, bruh. Own up to your recklessness.

Andre shiesty but, why would you put up your entire nest egg on a single business deal when he only asked for $600,000? Even if Andre wasn't shiesty, that's a risky business move.

no the risk is buying the company with $15M borrowed from your own clients and having to figure out how to get them paid back in a timely manner.

doing the deal with andre was actually the least risky move. he was gonna give the rock his own job back along with a promotion. and best yet, he wouldn't owe money to ricky and vernon.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spence woke up on a Vivid set:steviej: Ricky's Gold BARz in the cut:myman: 'Not goin to Canton with no Motherfukkin Rams':dead: Vern's:laff: a synchronized swimmer:troll: RegLeach being useful:whoo: College football kids result to weed to eat:feedme:, while NCAA get paid off all that:scust: Julie's Jon Secada nanny, tho:heh: Andre wants a partenership:ohhh: A nikka like me don't Playa Hate I just Stay Awake:lupe: Dead Prez on HBO:ahh:

Last edited: