HBO to air The Wire remastered in HD starting on December 26th

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Characters on The Wire I hated.

Jay Landsman - Total azzhole and public kiss azz.
Herc - He forever fuccked up Randy's life.
Prop Joe - Handed over his connect to Marlo, he deserved to die
Brodie - Stayed a corner boy his whole life, never once did he move up in rank.
Ziggy - Self explanatory
some dudes just meant to stay soldiers. Did Bodie ever strike you as someone who could be otherwise? Ziggy just got caught up in thinking he could play badass.

Can't say I outright hated any character on this show. They all played a part in making the show what it was.

DTR90

Rookie
Daps
One thing I noticed from Season 1, with Omar's immortal "you come at the king, you best not miss" line.

In one of the very first episodes, during the chess scene, D'Angelo says that the king in chess represents Avon.

A few episodes later, and Omar tries to kill Avon "the king" outside Orlando's. He misses, and ends up getting shot himself.

This show:blessed:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
Moving slowly, just made it so Season 3 episode one.

Cutty lookin' right when he was fresh out the cut :takedat:
Poot almost gettin' slapped up by String :russ:

What's the name of that young ass light skinned detective that look like Jerry Lavigne? :lupe: Where the hell was he at in season 2?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I'm on season 2; episode 2... It's going so SLOW with these new people & their storylines that I dont care for. When does it get better? It's boring.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
shyt is funny how the docks were only investigated because two guys wanted the same window for church:mjlol: shyt would still be business as usual to this day if that never happened.

prop joe was my dawg, my favorite character :mjcry:

he always had the best quotes

"I'm doing like one of them marriage counselors. Charge by the hour to tell some fool he need to bring some flowers home. And charge another hour telling the bytch she oughta suck some cock every little once in a while. You know, keep a marriage strong like that."
[Omar arrives]
"Speaking of cocksuckers..."
[to Omar] "Don't believe we met. Proposition Joe. You ever steal from me, I'll kill your whole family."

"look the part, be the part motherfukka"

stringer - "What kind of dog?"

joe - "The kind that mistake your leg for p*ssy"

"Wanna know what kills more police than bullets and liquor? Boredom. They just can't handle that shyt. You keep it boring, String. You keep it dead fukking boring."

"Now hear me on this, String. We ain't no ingrates. We all recognize your contribute to the co-op. But the feeling is this: It ain't right for you to be at the head of our table when you can't call off your dog. Call it a crisis of leadership. "
ether:wow:

sergei - "Family cannot be helped."

joe - "Who you tellin'? I got motherfukkin' nephews and in-laws fukking all my shyt up all the time and it ain't like I can pop a cap in their ass and not hear about it Thanksgivin' time. For real, I'm livin' life with some burdensome nikkas."

"Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, you and your cuz both would be cadaverous motherfukkers."

"So now you come over East Side and expect me to hide you. Why is it that every Baltimore ****** think that running the fukk away means crossing downtown? shyt, you should be in New York or Philly or some shyt."

“More Bodies On Him Than A Chinese Cemetery.”

"for a cold ass crew of gangsters ya'll carried it like Republicans and shyt.."

my favorite scene of his

each voice has me :dead:

"um..yes mam, this is sydney handjerker with handjerker, cohen and bromberg."

"uh..yes, yes hello. this is irvin pepper of pepper, pepper and bayleaf"

"this is dr. jay calling with test results for thomas hauck"

what made that scene even better is how joe got marlo to join the co-op by selling him that he has inside connections. when it wasnt even neccsary in this case, marlo could of done the same exact thing. in the end it makes joe someone who marlo needs or his valuable while getting him to join the co-op.