HBO to air The Wire remastered in HD starting on December 26th

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Also got to kind of laugh at dudes crying for links. Fios has a dope package where you get internet and cable for less than 80.00.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Does it bother you that Omar was most feared but at the same time gay? It just kills the realism to me. This was before the whole gay agenda shyt was poppin, so I'm curious is to why they made out the character that way.

When I first watched it I was like :aidisgust:, but it makes sense story wise. When they killed Brandon that way, he was hurt and plotted revenge. I honestly don't think Barksdale would have done that to woman who stole from him. I guess he earned Barksdale's respect over time. :manny:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I'll go into more detail. In one of the episodes, if I recall correctly (it's been awhile since I've watched The Wire), Omar stated that Brandon didn't give him up. Obviously, he's talking about Wee-Bey, Bird, and the other dude what was with him. Despite him saying he didn't give him up, we see Barksdale's crew burning down Omar's hideout. So why didn't he assume Brandon didn't give him up, despite the fact we see them burning down his old hideout?

They knew who Omar was because when they robbed those dealers, Brandon says "Omar" out loud. I guess just wanted to find out where he was hiding, so they captured Brandon and tortured him. Remember Avon and them playing basketball, and I think Wee Bey giving them the info on who Omar was. And Avon raising the price of the bounty because he found out Omar is gay.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
I hate season 2, The writers made The Greek and Vondas seem untouchable.
Well because they were. They not in the streets like Avon. They were the suppliers , not distribution. They on top of the food chain. Did you think the Avon or Prop Joe could war with them when they got high government connects. They got the docks on lock and that's just that dock in that city.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
watched a couple of eps on hboz last night....one word...WOW...this show has soooo much depth that I overlooked when I watched in my 20's....now that im in my thirties the political storyline got me :mindblown:....the DA didn't give a sht about cleaning up the hood but was more concerned with parlaying the barksdale case into a political maneuver/agenda :wow: ....and Levy (barksdales lawyer) is that dude!!!!! didn't appreciate him enough.... Levy staying 2 steps ahead of everybody from all angles :dead: