HBO to air The Wire remastered in HD starting on December 26th

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
First time ever watching it. And the first season was :blackbands: my god

I never saw the Wire until last year...I was on some...how many hood stories can I see...its all the same...I grew up in the hood...I know how this ends...but my wife put me on...and yo, i was addicted...i was knocking out like half a season a night..definitely the GOAT show

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I never saw the Wire until last year...I was on some...how many hood stories can I see...its all the same...I grew up in the hood...I know how this ends...but my wife put me on...and yo, i was addicted...i was knocking out like half a season a night..definitely the GOAT show

I wanted to watch it back in the day because one of my homies from the block got on the show. But I was like 12 at the time, and my mom wouldn't let me fukk with it. Im watching this shyt now and its straight heeaaat.

I felt the same way. I thought it was be a redo of every other hood classic there was. Definitely not

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
aight..i read into that then......
He wouldve arrested stringer the moment he could...it was ALL about mcnulty vs stringer to him...imo he was borderline obsessed...he didnt give a fukk about avon wallace bodie poot dangelo...it was 100% about proving that stringer WAS NOT better and smarter than him.

He only got stringer
until after they got his number and tapped him saying VAGUE drug shyt on the phone, and even them omar killed him first.

There was no long con here; stringer was just smarter than avon and stringer tied up the only loose end that couldve hemmed him up; WALLACE.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: I never peeped the slick shyt Mcnulty pulled by only arresting Barksdale....:ohhh:

In season one Lester had Sting gift wrapped after the wire tap when Stinkum made that phone call after the the money drop
(I forgot the characters name on the show, but hes the guy famous for playing Ashy Larry on Chapelle Show) They got him with
a bag full of money that he was going to give to Clay David.

But after Omar killed Stinkum that whole case falled apart.

Last edited:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
He wouldve arrested stringer the moment he could...it was ALL about mcnulty vs stringer to him...imo he was borderline obsessed...he didnt give a fukk about avon wallace bodie poot dangelo...it was 100% about proving that stringer WAS NOT better and smarter than him.

He only got stringer
until after they got his number and tapped him saying VAGUE drug shyt on the phone, and even them omar killed him first.

There was no long con here; stringer was just smarter than avon and stringer tied up the only loose end that couldve hemmed him up; WALLACE.
good post....I never thought about that but now that I think on it..he didnt give a shyt about the dudes on the block..it was all about Strang :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
In season one Lester had Sting gift wrapped after the wire tap when Stinkum made that phone call after the the money drop
(I forgot the characters name on the show, but hes the guy famous for playing Ashley Larry on Chapelle Show) They got him with
a bag full of money that he was going to give to Clay David.

But after Omar killed Stinkum that whole case falled apart.
He had him possibly on conspiracy or laundering but nothing more but as you said stinkum died, orlando died, wallace died, string walks. Stringer Bell > mcnulty in season 1easy

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
good post....I never thought about that but now that I think on it..he didnt give a shyt about the dudes on the block..it was all about Strang :ohhh:

Thanks.

If you saw season 3

dude was HEARTBROKEN stringer got killed first. Think in season 4, dude was sober and living with beadie enjoying being a BEATCOP. IMO, he only pursued marlo because he was superviolent in season five and killed bodie at the end of 4. The mystery of the bodies was just another challenge for him and he started drinking again. Even staging murders because "marlo stanfield doesnt get to win"

Mcnulty was only about stringer and eventually marlo, just to fuel his own ego.

Last edited: